Neutral safety switch

Ole BlackBetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried adjustimg my safety switch today and thos is as close as it will get to line up.
You must be registered for see images

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the only way i know how to adjust the neutral saftey switch, is by pulling the connctor and jumping contacts

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Think he's saying to bypass it completely. Lol
Looks like you might need to cut down those washers.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you grind the edge down on that one washer? I always bypassed the neutral safety switch on my stuff.

Ole BlackBetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went out and checked the washer situation. It is not the problem, the adjustment slots arw not long enough to get it to line up properly. As far as jumpping around the switch, i dont think thay is possible on an e4od automatic.

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you truely have the trans in nuetral and it will not line up, more then likely you have a bent linkage inside the transmission that needs to be fixed first or you will never get that thing to shift right.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Will the tranny shift through all gears manually.. If not drop the pan and check the manual lever

To set the sensor, you must place the tranny in neutral. Line up the index marks. Tighten bolts and your done.

Ole BlackBetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked manuaal shifting on the way home from work . Trans shifts into all gears manually , but is is in nuetral in the picture and it will not line up with the lines . And when i pull the bolts to line it up , the slots in switch are out of line with bolt holes. Anymore suggestions would by appreciated. I am getting a code 62 which my book says is neutral safety switch out of adjustment. I hate to go just buy a new switch unless it is needed

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
It could be bent. Most of the time it a matter of pushing it back into position. By removing the pan you will see if the manual lever came out of position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online