Need Wiring diagram....no dash or tail lights

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 96 F250....I keep popping fuses when i turn my lights on....the dash, tail, marker lights wont work when i have my headlights on....if I turn them on they will stay on for about 30 seconds....any ideas.....it calls for a 15A fuse and i ran out of so I put the only other one I had in....it was a 30A....:D ....it def worked for like 10 mins but blew out soon after....I figured it was my light switch because it was on its way out before...I would have my parking lights on and everything worked just fine...but then I they would shut off when I put my headlights on....and the funny part is it was doing that with no fuse in the box...????

colotow

I refuse to grow up
Reaction score
well, i don't have a harness diagram, but i got a homebrewed troubleshooting tip

get an old taillight socket, extend the wires, add a fuse holder, and plug into the slots where the fuse goes. the bulb will provide enough resistance to keep the fuse from blowing, then start gently wiggling everything you can. when/if the bulb goes out, you are in the area of the short, because you've interupted the ground (short)

if the problem's inside the switch, this may not help, but if it's a problem in the wiring, it's a way to find the spot without burning up the rest of the harness.