Need windshield washer resevoir

cscmc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a spare? I assume the washer reservoir and pump are one unit, and mount on the coolant overflow tank on an '89 7.3, no? Mine is missing, but the plumbing and what must be the electrical connector for the pump are there still. I would like to get that remedied in short order! Are gasser resevoirs the same? If so, I'll check the local yards, too.

Thanks!

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
cscmc1 said:
Anyone have a spare? I assume the washer reservoir and pump are one unit, and mount on the coolant overflow tank on an '89 7.3, no? Mine is missing, but the plumbing and what must be the electrical connector for the pump are there still. I would like to get that remedied in short order! Are gasser resevoirs the same? If so, I'll check the local yards, too.

Thanks!

The reservoir and pump on all my trucks are separate. They(reservoir) do mount on the same bracket as the overflow tank. Don't know if they are the same as gassers or not. I have a new one in the box for my daughter's '91, unfortuantely I need it, but it may have a part number on it. I believe they go for around $40 from the stealership.

Tom

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine screwed up years ago.

I hooked up one of those generic washer pumps; I like it way better than the original = more pressure and will work independent of the wipers.

For a reservoir, I cut an X in the lid of a gallon jug of Prestone washer fluid, poked the washer hose through the X, into the bottom of the jug, and stood the jug in the area where the useless water/fuel seperator used to be.

The pump was about $5 at Walmart and the jug came free with the washer-fluid.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe I had a brand NEW washer reservoir. Can't remember if Squirreltow bought it with the truck or not... will check tonight.

Mike

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Some guys have done nice conversions for a bigger reservoir. I have two pumps if you want it, is yours for the shipping, now I don't remember if it was for our trucks but I'm sure they can be adapted.

cscmc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys! If you have spares, I'd definitely be interested. Let me know. Exekiel -- do you have a PayPal account? Let me know how much you need for your trouble + shipping and I'll take a pump off your hands. Thanks!

Exekiel69

Reaction score
cscmc1 said:
Thanks, guys! If you have spares, I'd definitely be interested. Let me know. Exekiel -- do you have a PayPal account? Let me know how much you need for your trouble + shipping and I'll take a pump off your hands. Thanks!

Pm Me an address and they are yours that is all it will cost you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.