need wastegate diphragm. 6.9 making 22lbs need to regulate it down

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
please understand first of all im not a 17 year old kid trying to blow black smoke or my engine!!! i have a factory ford ats on my 6.9. i also have the conestoga diesel bull moose pump. my heads are studded. the turbo will push 22 at the drop of a hat but im afraid i will destroy my engine and turbo doing that.

before the moose pump 7 psi was monumental. i put a plug in the hole that feeds the wastegate and i have the gate wired shut. what i would like to do is hook it back up drill the crimps out of the rod and regulate it to about 15.

my problem is that the wastegate diaphragm housing has a hole chaffed through it so it just leaks the boost out. does anyone have one or know where i can get one? i also thought it would be neat to hook up a boost controller on the dash. any thoughts??

thanks ahead for any input.

Last edited:

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i pulls through the whole range. scary actually. but i know its not good. so i really need a new wastegate diphragm if anyone has one!!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Depending on what turbo you have I feel a call to that maker will do the thing for you. Banks will sell that but who knows how much hair you have to send them for what they sell. Might look on ebay too. Might find something there. Please post what turbo your referancing in your thread so more can help. I'll bet Russ aka typ4 wil have what you want...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ok.. Well then you can't buy those any longer. They all went to new zeland for scrap boats...:eek:;Really Actually Russ will have one or call ATS for a new one. They normally don't break unless we do stuff to them..:angel:

Ugly Moosling

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If Russ can't help you, I can check Garrett to see if they're available. We have a factory turbo set-up around the shop (Conestoga Diesel) I should be able to get part numbers off of and figure out what actuator it is.