Need some serious help if we have any North Idaho or Eastern Washington guys..

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Looking for a apparently very hard to find part, havent had any luck locally. I need the aluminum adapter between a T19 and the Borg Warner T-case, I broke all the ears off mine. Closest I have found is Portland for $160, Im kinda strapped for cash lately as we all are. If anyone near me has this part please let me know, trucks been down for a week and a half and I miss the ol girl! Plus my grandad would probably like his Ranger back. Thanks!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I"m just across the line and have one but trans is complete, but it sounds like Portland is closer, don't forget a gasser t19 from a ford should work too! say 460 one!

I'd go 125 plus shipping from 98844

Al

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
I"m just across the line and have one but trans is complete, but it sounds like Portland is closer, don't forget a gasser t19 from a ford should work too! say 460 one!

I'd go 125 plus shipping from 98844

Al

Thanks for the offer! TransXchange is the company out of Portland I called today, IF they have a used one its $120+ shipping. Im hoping to get lucky at the junkyards this weekend however.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So how did you break off these ears. Somehow I'm not seeing this possible but you say its happened. Sure would like some pics. Maybe it will save others to know how it happened too.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Not a very good picture, havent had time to pull it all yet, truck is 60 miles away at my friends house, closest point to the mountain we towed it off of.

As to how it happened, not a situation most will be in and also probably not the smartest thing but boys will be boys. Racing my buddies Cummins across a WWII era dirt mountain airstrip at 70+, it got a bit bumpy near the end.

You must be registered for see images attach

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Good. Lol
Off subject, but in your signature picture, I see the alligator sticker... Did you buy something from them? Or maybe work there?

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
The base ATS kit minus turbo was given to me from them, plus various silicone boots, my studs and springs Im buying from them. They are about 35 miles from me so I hang out there a lot.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, that looks like the longer np435 version but its hard to tell.
trust me on this. a BW 1345 was tied to the ass end of this trans.
what you need to pay close attention to is if yours had one or two mounting bosses on the driver's side for the transfer case shifting mechanism.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Towcat, he meant that the transmission looked like a NP435, he wasn't questioning a BW was on the ass end of it.

As far as mounting bosses go, in my oservations the single-boss setup was always used with a NP208 transfer case, while the 2-boss setup is for BW cases. With the single-boss you can pull the shifter from 2wd straight back all the way into 4x4 low - not a big deal if you're paying attention, but you see the potential for destruction. When the BW cases came about Ford also switched the shifter mechanisms to the style that requires you to move the stick to the left in order to clear the gate for neutral and then 4x4 low (thus preventing goofballs from shifting from 2wd straight into 4x4 low and destroying stuff). That is what the 2-boss setup is for, the front hole is for the shifter's pivot pin and the rear one is for the bolt that secures the gated plate to the transfer case.

Considering he mentioned in the first post he has a BW case, I'm almost positive his adapter housing is the 2-boss setup.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
It is a BW case but the shift linkage only uses one large mounting hole, also I can pull the shifter straight forward and back into gears.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351

Members online