Need some GP help Pleaaase.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1984 Chevy , 6.2 with a banks turbo . The GP light does not come on . I jumped the power side of the relay to the other side which made the light come on . I didn't bother testing it further and assumed it was the relay. Bought a new relay for $21 ( Read that they are $80 ? ) . Same thing .. So I checked for power at the two smaller wires on relay with key on , nothing . Also , volt and oil pressure gauges don't work . Not sure if its related.. do they share a fuse ?

Truck won't start .. Should it start in 30* weather with block heater and no plugs ?

The truck is new to me ; just trying to figure out its issues.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Black dawg

Reaction score
they wont start without plugs. Not real familiar with the early system, but use a similar controller to the early 6.9, it is a pos. You would be ahead to convert to the 85 up style controller.

Black dawg

Reaction score
If you are interested in converting I will try to find a wiring diagram, and some other information. It is an easy swap, and with the right resistor mod and correct glow plugs, it will start good for many years.

Black dawg

Reaction score
just re read your post, and I am almost positive those do share a fuse.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks ! I'll go look around for a fuse then . Any idea where it might be ?

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You were right about the fuse . Now the glow plug light comes on , relay clicks , and the glow plugs cycle . It still won't fire so I guess its time to replace the plugs . Thanks :)