Need some advise....

catodd

Reaction score
Was driving by the local Fuel Injection Service shop in my area and decided to stop in, explained to them that I must have a small leak on my injector pump (the intake valley is wet with diesel fuel and does not seem to be coming from the injector lines) the technician brings out a pump and shows me the weep hole on the bottom....and he then asks me if I have had problems starting the engine in the summer time when the engine is hot, I could not answer that question sinse I've only had the truck since December and the truck has started flawlessly since I've had it....he was trying to explain to me some high dollar part in the pump that causes that and that part alone cost $600.00. I also asked if I should bring my injectors in also to get checked and he told me if it is running ok not too. They said it would cost me $450-$500 to rebuild my pump and take about 3 days...does this sound ok? Please advise.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Contact Mel Agne (member Agnem) and have Your pump done by Him, if You spend that much it will be bc You actually needed to and You'll get a result product that comes from someone who is honest and it is an excellent product. Don't waste Your time with that other shop trying to fool You.

This is My advice.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I would agree. Get yourself a core pump, and send it to Mel. Let him do the work, and only the work that NEEDS to be done. He knows his stuff and is a stand up guy!

1994IDI

Reaction score
Another vote for Mel. I am not running the moose products, but I have not seen a single negative comment regarding his products or service. We've all read the posts about the process of the Moose pump, and there's no doubting it is far superior than some shop taking your pump and doing -who knows what- to it, and charging you a preset amount of money.

Either way, good luck, and hope you get it back on the road quick.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before I did either, I would replace that leaky O-ring/donut seal that is on the center fuel-line in the cluster of injector-lines coming out the rear of the pump.

As best I remember, that line is the main fuel line from the filter.

That line would best be rubber, as the rigid steel absorbs a lot of vibration and soon that vibration starts a leak.

It is a low-pressure line and no reason whatsoever that it could not be rubber.

I even once had the flare of that line to develop a crack and it constantly would DRIP DRIP DRIP, soon filling the valley pan with fuel.

Once you get this cured, change the oil.

Fuel standing in the valley will find it's way into the crank-case via the grommets around such things as the vent-tube. ;Really