Need new batteries, what are THE BEST ones out there?

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My batteries are going on to 7 years now, and even though i clean the terminals real well, im getting some acid build up around em.
Figure at 7 years old, its probably good to change em before they leave me stranded..
Looking for the BEST batteries out there....within reaosnable cost:rolleyes:

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not go with hat you have? Seven years seems reasonable to me....

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive always heard 5 years is a safe bet when batteries are used to start a diesel..but thats just what ive heard.
oh-i see what you mean. Problem is i think they are only 850 CCA each. (dont remember right now, will check tomorrow), but it definitly turns over slower in the winter than in the summer.
Previous owner was a real cheap ass and didnt love the truck like it should have been.

burt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't have enough time with them yet to personally vouch for them yet but the most recent diehard platinums are supposed to to be all the rage from what I've heard. They are the same battery as the top of the line agm batts interstate carries is my understanding. I put a set in my truck and they have great cranking power but its been less than a year so that doesn't mean that much. Expensive but long warranties, I got platinums rather than interstate only because sears covered them longer

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I have interstates in mine...been good to me for close to 10 years...probably should change them too, but hell, they start at 10 degrees no problem, and I don't daily drive my truck, but nice to know it starts when needed!

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a set of Interstate Blems, decent battery for relatively cheap. If I remember, they were $35 or $45 each. So outta there for less than $100 for 2 batteries. The only thing it, they only have something like a 30 or 90 day warranty. My thought is I can replace them a few times and still be less than one set of "good" batteries. I've had mine a bit over 2 years and are still going strong.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Usually a blem battery is just cosmetics and not something internal. I tried to buy interstate blems from the supplier in my home town.. Not a chance. they didn't have any.. Yeah sure bud.. I'll bet your saving them for that pretty young girl that come in wanting to give something to get something... I paid over $100.00 each but I got a great battery. Maybe next time a get a close shave and wear a dress... What ya say bout that Ron...:eek:LOL:angel:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My batteries are going on to 7 years now, and even though i clean the terminals real well, im getting some acid build up around em.
Figure at 7 years old, its probably good to change em before they leave me stranded..
Looking for the BEST batteries out there....within reaosnable cost:rolleyes:

Not sure what's available in your location, however here in Canada we have Canadian Tire which offers an Odyssey clone

Odyssey first!
http://www.odysseybattery.com/

And the clone second.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brow...at+Plate+AGM+Automotive+Battery.jsp?locale=en

I'd suggest an Odyssey or a clone and be done!

JM2CW

Al

burt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, I forgot to mention but both the die hard platinum and the interstate agm are rebranded odyssey battery. If you drive a lot off road or really rough road the agm are the way to go. Sears has a four year no matter what type of warranty and 100 month prorated. That eased the blow of the price.

rjglenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced a set of three year old NAPA batteries today, so those are probably not what you are looking for. And yes, I replaced them with some more NAPA batteries because I had to try and recover some warranty...

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went back to the 65s the truck came with, got the exide ones from tractor supply. $110 bones a piece and a 40 month free replacement. No more group 31s for me.