Need Injectors

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
My company truck is a 2001 F250 with the 7.3 powerstroke, I sent it to a repair shop for a loss of power and they told me I need 8 injectors, so does anyone know where I can get some for a good price. I can get some remans for about $235 each plus shipping so if anyone knows where I can get the cheaper that would be great. Thanks

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What basis did the shop lean on to determine all 8 injectors were bad? Give us some symptoms and let us help you diagnose the problem.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
homer-
he actually had another shop do a buzz and drop test on the injectors before coming up with the diagnosis.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Cal, just hate to see someone say "a shop told me I need 8 new injectors" without at least having done some diagnostics first.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Cal, just hate to see someone say "a shop told me I need 8 new injectors" without at least having done some diagnostics first.
they found an two actual bad ones. like dead dead dead. my experience with the fuels out here is if there are two having issues, the rest are soon to follow.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
they found an two actual bad ones. like dead dead dead. my experience with the fuels out here is if there are two having issues, the rest are soon to follow.

yup.

people get pissy at me when i tell them to do 8 because of that.

You can get them from ford for about the same price if you have a jobber account. I paid 240 each for Ford remans, the LL injector was a little more.

sassyrel

Reaction score
heres my que,,any magnets bad???? its possible...and beats tearing a injector out!!!!!!!!!:D

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
The symptoms was a lack of power the engine was running like t had bad injectors, it wouldnt get up to freeway speed so the next day I had the boss take it to a local shop to do the diagnostic work since I didnt have the right tools for that job and the shop said that #1 and #3 injectors were bad, I got the injectors from a place called Collins Injection Service, in Stockton Ca., the boss paid about $250 each plus shipping and two valve cover gaskets, so that wasnt bad.

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alot of time it is just the solenoid on top of the injectors and people get soaked for injecrors when for $60 you can replace a solenoid on top of the injector.

jbuck

Reaction score
I see this topic "bad injectors" a lot on the forums and i know that the Power Stroke need clean oil to lubricate the injectors and make them last a long time. But no where in any Ford manual have i every seen how to properly change the oil in a PS. I know the procedure is there but it leaves out a very important area. The “high pressure oil pump reservoir” When the oil is removed from the pan there is still three quarts of oil in the reservoir, one on each injector rail on both sides of the engine,and one in the main reservoir. This oil is supposed to be recycled into the main oil flow but the engine does a terrible job of doing it so it. The proper way to change this oil is to remove the top cap on the tank with an Allen socket. And suck out one quart of oil, replace Allen bolt and run engine for five minutes then remove another quart and refill and run engine again. Did anyone ever wonder why the oil turns black so quick after an oil change? You will not believe how bad that oil is compared to the oil in the pan. Try it your injectors will love you for it.

Jeep1947

Reaction score
Just for information. Jim at Rosewood Diesel is great. He is a sponsor over on the Ford Truck Enthusiast forum and does great work and reasonable. Just my .02