need help please

caterpillar

Reaction score
Hey my buddy has a 00 7.3L Powerstroke diesel 4x4 ext. cab f-350. The other day he said he was driving it and he lost like all power, all boost and everything, he said it sounded like his turbo was just blowing air out into the open and not into the intake, he read up in the owner manual that when it gets cold out and your below a half tank there is a "blow off" valve that will do this if the fuel gels up...? It did get cold out the other couple nights so is there anything he should be worried about, what info can you guys give me so i can relay it to him on his problem? Thank you much Mike.

firegod33

Reaction score
Was there a "POP" sound right before the loss of power? I've seen boost tubes blow off on several makes of diesel engines. Usually just put the tube back on and tighten or replace the clamp and you're back in biz. Only time I've ever seen fuel gel up in a moving truck was when it was -40F with the wind whipping the temps even more.

colotow

I refuse to grow up
Reaction score
mine does that when the exhaust valve closes while driving, mine only does it when it's cold out at light throttle, when it shuts it loses all power and hisses

if you got a scanner, check codes, "excessive exhaust back pressure" mine sets that when the exhaust valve closes

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online