Need help leveling my truck

trailrman

Reaction score
Can I add 1 1/2" - 2" in the front to level out my 06 3500 DRW with the Cummins? Oh yea, it's 2WD. thanks

trailrman

Reaction score
Anybody?

Has anyone used coil spacers or something like that on a 2wd?

cdennyb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
better to drop the back

I have the 03 ctd 3500 2WD DUALLY and I'm pulling out the spacers under the rear springs to drop the bed about 2-3" That would be better than trying to mess up the steering geometry.
The only other thing you have to do is re-aim your headlights when you're done.

The springs in the rrear already have a slug of spacers and overload spring leaves that really aren't necessary unless you're hauling around a 4000#load in the bed all the time.

Crawl under there and take alook. You'll see what I mean.
You don't even ahve to take them out completely, just relocate them to the top of the spring pack. That way you don't have to get new "U-Bolts".

db

trailrman

Reaction score
Thanks, I have seen this on some other sites but, thought I'd rather raise the front since it sits really low anyway. If I don't figure out something else soon, I'll probably lower the rear.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you cannot put the spacers up front on a 2wd, the camber adjustment wont be anough to get it back into alignment, and theres nothing to really hold the spacer in its place.also the rack and pinion would sit in such a way that the tie rods would be on a very hard angle...and wear out fast. fabtech makes lift kits for the 2wd trucks, but the only one available for the latest gens are 6.5" kits, and they are 1400 bucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Staff online

Members online