need help in ft polk

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Wow!! That is no fun man! These motors are plentiful and cheap to find. Just because someone said "it ran fine when I parked it", don't mean it will EVER run again...like in your case.

Don't feel bad, I am sure we are all a victim to this situation, I know I was once or twice before.

Just keep an eye open for a 6.9 or a 7.3 IDI engine, but make sure you can hear it run before any dough is thrown down.

Your electric fuel pump, injection pump, injectors, wiring harness, glow plug controller + relay and a lot of other things are still good and will interchange with other 7.3's and 6.9's. Don't throw anythign away as you might be able to sell some stuff and help pay for either a rebuild or a used engine.

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
ya it does suck. I have found a few possible leads but non that are in a truck to run. 2 are in the j-yard 1.5 hours away, and some other dude 200 miles away has 3, only 1 is a known runner. I am in a pretty rural area. This could be tough. I really wanna go wheeling before i deploy this year and i need this thing to tow with.

91fummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one do the same thing to me but instead of testing anything I put a running cummins in but after the swap I noticed I had a clogged return line ( the one that runs to the tank) so possibly that was the whole issue would like to say I would sale you mine but couldnt guarantee it to run after the way it acted.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll look around in my area to see what I can find. I'm not all that far from you. I live in Beaumont Texas. I occasionally do a run up to FT. PK. to get my stuff from the gov auction

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sorry for the problem motor but... Its time you go and have a "talk" with this trusted guy you got the motor from. Thats no way to do business friends of not. I'm sure you wont be trusting that person again... Its really tuff when your word means nothing in this day....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online