need help identifying this IP please

goatwrangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
help with identifying an IP please

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all, I traded a kid an older HTC thunderbolt for this Injection pump. He said its supposedly a 100 hp pump whatever the hell that means. I guess he was trying to say its not stock....

its a Q DB2 4746 DI

other #s on it are 1854852 guessing thats a serial #

other #s on it are 1813300691

Black dawg

Reaction score
84-87 6.9 pump. Looks like the cover to turn up the fuel has been off, 100hp......probably not.

goatwrangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i didnt figure it was an increased hp pump but figured it was okay to trade for a phone I dont use lol. My truck is an 84 with a 6.9l so it'll work

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice trade for the 6.9 pump. Caution about what you have... Do not try to install it with the pump connected to the housing and gear. Thats the wrong way to remove them from the engine. Its the quick easy way but the wrong way because you loose the gear timing no matter what some will tell you about making a mark on the gear..

goatwrangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice trade for the 6.9 pump. Caution about what you have... Do not try to install it with the pump connected to the housing and gear. Thats the wrong way to remove them from the engine. Its the quick easy way but the wrong way because you loose the gear timing no matter what some will tell you about making a mark on the gear..

thx for the advice but I knew that lol. When I saw it, I was like are you kidding me ? lol I figured it was a good trade, just to have one as a back up. Thanks again.