Need help from the Rustbelt.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somehow I wound up with this truck from Vermont in my shop. It was towed in due to brake failure. Gee......wouldn't you know....the brake lines are rusted through.:eek:
I normally don't deal with these issues out here unless you are the only three or four people who live in Pacifica and subject your vehicles to the same torture.
So......any suggestion on getting OEM bent or as close to OEM brake lines? the last thing I want to do is bend up bulk line from front to rear.
thanks in advance.
oh yea....it's a 9/00(2001) F150 SC shortbed 4x2. local stealership say lines discontinued.......

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Well 15 minutes of searching here didn't find anything. I can't believe they are that hard to find. I know i can get complete sets for my 85.......

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score

Deib

Reaction score
Ford did not do well with the brake line material.
You have to make your own.

Usually it is not bad all the way from the front to the rear so find a good spot, easy access and cut it. Flare it and bend a new one to run the rest of the way. It won't look the same, it won't fit the same but you are the only person that will ever know.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replased all mine with SS from a company called Inline Tube, I think they can bend regular steel lines too. Also might try Classic Tube, but they specialize more in older cars.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Nicopp, Its easy to bend, easy to flair, never rust out and its cheaper than stainless.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
http://www.egrbrakes.com/index-main.htm

This is the best I could find. I have been doing brake lines for over 20 years now. The newer the truck, the faster they rot out.-cuss Just finished my Mom's 91 F150, the rear half, did the front about 3 years ago. I use a simple bender and the double flare kit, I can usually duplicate any given line in about 20 minutes, I do understand the PTIA factor though.

Classic Tube can duplicate what you have but that sounds pricey and time consuming.:dunno

http://www.classictube.com/

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i cheated. i bought a complete frame less suspension with piping and wiring. $1k. will swap everything else over. I took a deposit of $2k before starting the job.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Geez, how do you come up with this stuff?LOL Did you talk the customer into a frame swap? 2k for new brake lines on a truck would solve many fiscal issues for me, I'd take 2 a week and be a happy man.;Really I'm guessing you were concerned about some pricey anti lock hardware being unsalvagable.:dunno

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you got this solved, but I did tubes on my crewcab from inline tube or classic tube don't remember which. They fit really well though.

I'm assuming the frame must have had other issued for you to replace it?

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh that's just a sickening job that we here in the salt-lick belt have too much experience with. It sucks. I gave up on preformed brake lines decades ago and just bend up and flare my own. It's quick enough, and not that hard to figure out what connectors you need. But to get another frame? Ok, that's cool... :hail