Need advice

Idi93

Ford parts guy
Reaction score
I purchased a 92' cclb f350 7.3 5speed 4x4 back in march, and have been slowly getting it in good running condition(batteries, rebuilt the oil cooler, a few other minor things). I oulled the valve cover off, just to check it over, and it is not getting any oil to the roker arms. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you know this to be true? Are you running the engine with the valve covers off at speed?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Normally we have no control of the oil getting to the rockers. The path is thru the lifters. Then up the pushrod centers. Then it runs over the rocker and drips on the valve spring lubing everything under that. What you might do is remove a rocker pair and see if the pushrods are plugged up. Be sure to reinstall the pushrods in the same holes and there is a top and bottom direction to them. Mess that up and they will push thru the rocker arm in no time. They have a hardened end on them. There is only one bolt that holds two rockers in place on these engines. Just remove that bolt and lift off the rockers. Then remove the pushrods and check them wirrth air or brakeclean. The bolt torque is 27 lbs. on that single bolt too..

Idi93

Ford parts guy
Reaction score
First off, sorry for the delay. Secondly, all pushrods are clean. I am starting to wonder if I wouldn't be better off putting the motor out of Ol Blue in it and be done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US