Need a truck

1994IDI

Reaction score
Alright guys, I'm getting desperate. I am heading to Miss. next week, and really want to have a truck shortly after getting down there. I have been really pulling for a 2nd gen Cummins, but they are not easy to find with all of the criteria I have. I would rather have a Ford pickup with a Cummins in it, but those are even harder to come by. I loved my IDI, but I would like to try a cummins for the power and fuel mileage. Anyway, I'm leaning toward an IDI again to broaden my search, and lower cost.
That said, some of you know how solid my last IDI was, and I would want another truck that was kept as clean and maintained as mine. Does anyone have a lead on an OBS or slantnose that is clean and cared for? It must be 4x4, manual transmission, well cared for, straight body, and ready to be driven daily. I have a lot more criteria but don't want to bore everyone any more, but I would appreciate any leads. I have a lot of trouble finding a new truck because I LOVE finding old trucks that have low miles and are still in great shape (and I'm willing to pay for it). But finding a diesel with less that 200k is difficult. Anyway, I'm not looking to be bombarded with craigslist adds unless they are a knock out. I'd like to find something that an OB member could check out if I wasn't close enough to do it myself. In other words, I'd like it to be OB certified LOL.

Again, thanks for any help guys. I know this should be in the marketplace, so to the Mods; if you must move it, my feelings won't be hurt. But I am serious, I have money, and won't f**k around with payment or lack there of etc. (leads on 2nd gen Cummins or Fummins is greatly appreciated as well)

Last edited:

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I know were a super clean 93 is around here, inside looks brand new, out side is in good shape paint is kinda faided on one side not sure what the guy would want for it but im sure he would sell it. cant remembere the miles but the truck is in amazing shape

1994IDI

Reaction score
Thanks David, if you get any more specifics let me know. A price, chasis, and more info would be great. Pics would be a must if I were to consider it.
Thanks for the help! Let me know what you find out.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Thanks David, if you get any more specifics let me know. A price, chasis, and more info would be great. Pics would be a must if I were to consider it.
Thanks for the help! Let me know what you find out.

Ok its a 93, F250 4x4 ZF5 dana 50 front end, has a brand new single mass flywheel kit, new starter, return line kit,new tires, chrome wheels has a really nice sounding exhuastLOL, just had an engine installed not sure on its miles but it runs like a clock, red exterior grey interior clean as a pin inside and out, like i said the bad is one side is faided, and i think the tailgate has a dent or two, i will talke to him next tim i see him and ask what he wants for it

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Dang it! I wish you would have said something about a day earlier. A fella had one for sale right here in town , but it went fast.

mattplumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jared-
Are you coming thru Memphis on your way to Mississippi? If so, give me a shout. I have lots of contacts in the car/truck wholesale biz and i'm sure I could find you a truck if you have the $$$. Found my 93 factory turbo ZF 4x4 for less than 2k, and with a little more than 1k in cleaning, parts, and maintenance it is an EXCELLENT truck now. I know where some cummins are as well, love the engine, just hate the truck its sitting in.
I also know where a RETARDED clean 1996 350 PowerStroke is.......crew,XLT, 5 speed, southbend, ALL Banks equipment including Jake Brake, intercooler, exhaust, basically everything done that you can do to one. Its is 2wd, but could be 4x4 for a little bit more. The owner is one of my lifetime friends and colleagues and I can vouch for the truck. I think he has a D60 for the front that could go with it.........

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Dodge: expensive shipping crate for the cummins.

Good luck with what you find!

agree. Between the dashes cracking, ac evaporators leaking and overall just the truck falling apart around the motor. though if u got a cummins with a manual you'd be good. I just don't think you'd be happy with the dodge wrapper since the interior is gonna be falling apart for an older one.

1994IDI

Reaction score
Jared-
Are you coming thru Memphis on your way to Mississippi? If so, give me a shout. I have lots of contacts in the car/truck wholesale biz and i'm sure I could find you a truck if you have the $$$. Found my 93 factory turbo ZF 4x4 for less than 2k, and with a little more than 1k in cleaning, parts, and maintenance it is an EXCELLENT truck now. I know where some cummins are as well, love the engine, just hate the truck its sitting in.
I also know where a RETARDED clean 1996 350 PowerStroke is.......crew,XLT, 5 speed, southbend, ALL Banks equipment including Jake Brake, intercooler, exhaust, basically everything done that you can do to one. Its is 2wd, but could be 4x4 for a little bit more. The owner is one of my lifetime friends and colleagues and I can vouch for the truck. I think he has a D60 for the front that could go with it.........

Matt, I'm flying to Miss. but I am willing to ship the right truck, as long as someone can check it out. I am interested in all of the trucks you mentioned. If you don't mind, I will probably PM you to try to get some pics and more info.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Still on the hunt.

I will try to talk to the guy today, im sure he will want in the 4500-6000 range because he payed 4800 for it nd has like 8000, he priced it to me for 2000 when the origanal motor cavitated

1994IDI

Reaction score
Not really. It depends on the truck. Under $15,000 though. Obviously not that high for an IDI though.

Thanks for the help so far everyone.