Need a new banks turbo, anyone have a spare??

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I need a new turbo, my turbo was over spinning and it destroyed itself. Now it has worn too much to be rebuilt. I need a new banks turbo or else a turbo that I can retrofit in place of it.

I already priced out a new charger directly from banks for $1625. WAY TOO MUCH FOR ME.

I want to get a used one possible from a powerstroke or just a used turbo that I have now.

Anyone have Ideas??

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow... About 6 years ago I paid $1100.00 for my spare turbo from Banks. Seems the price has gone up $500.00 now. Thats a horrible price for just the turbo. I just looked up my rebuild costs on my original Banks wastegate sidewinder. That was around $380.00 and it included a hot side wheel and shaft. I had something go thru the hot side and ding the wheel. It was ok to continue use but on my new engine.. nope.. I felt I needed new so $1100.00 later all was good. Mel just made a inquiry about us as a group wantng a turbo that he may build that will increase the hp about 50 to 75 hp for $1500.00. Sounds to me like thats a better deal than what Banks can offer... Give him a cal at Conestoga Diesel Injection. They are on the web abd locater in Pa.. Great guy with lots of information too.

firehawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I send my turbos off to Arizona Tractor and Turbo with great results. Prices are good, and can replace most any part. I would look into that before you toss the turbo in the trash.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Never throw out a turbo. Way too many members here will take it off your hands... Even pay the shipping but please don't throw it away.. I know this was not mentioned by the original poster but posting it here... Please don't trash it...

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It even still has the black paint on it and absolutely no rust on anything lol.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love your blown up one to do research for a lower cost replacement.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can pay the shipping, I should not have a problem with doing that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online