Need a little memory refresher

Al_E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just driveing my truck and all of a sudden it developed a nasty ignition rattle, like to much advance.
I cant remember if low fuel press causes timeing adv or retard. Im really hopeing the IP aint takeing a crap.-cuss

Al

suv7734

Reaction score
I was just driveing my truck and all of a sudden it developed a nasty ignition rattle, like to much advance.
I cant remember if low fuel press causes timeing adv or retard. Im really hopeing the IP aint takeing a crap.-cuss

Al

Low pressure will cause an advanced situation. On the Fords if the pick-up tube is broken off in the tank and you start to 'run out of fuel' it will advance the IP timing and give you a big power boost, like a semi rear ended you

Al_E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, That is what I thought but wasnt positive. Guess I should change the fuel filter and get a fuel pressure gauge. That also explains my sudden loss of power, no juice no go!

Al_E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Headers are 1/2" CNC milled steel flanges with 2" welded carbon steel fittings and pipe.
You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much did they cost to put together if you dont mind me asking? Im sure there are several members on this site that would be pretty interested in getting ahold of something like those.

Al_E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Materials were under a hundred bux, to get the flanges cnc cut and milled was another story, just over 200$ about 5 years ago. And I cant remember how much fab time I had into them. I do know it was aloTTTTTTTTTT!!!LOL

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Are you running the stock Chevy pickup filters in the tank? May have gotten some crud clogging them? I still have them, but haven't had any issues so far. The Ford units only screen out small animals....

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Materials were under a hundred bux, to get the flanges cnc cut and milled was another story, just over 200$ about 5 years ago. And I cant remember how much fab time I had into them. I do know it was aloTTTTTTTTTT!!!LOL

Could someone maybe cut the flanges from a stock manifold set up and modify them to work with a new set or even use a plasma cutter to cut flanges ?

Al_E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
checked the fuel flow and pressure, and both were ok. Checked the timeimg and it was 26 degree adv. Opened the side cover and found carnage. Time for a new pump:puke:advance mechanism bit the bullit-cuss

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
checked the fuel flow and pressure, and both were ok. Checked the timeimg and it was 26 degree adv. Opened the side cover and found carnage. Time for a new pump:puke:advance mechanism bit the bullit-cuss

That sucks!!!!!!!!!!! But at least you know what it is and don't have to spend a week troublshooting to try and find out what the problem is... :D

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
i can cut the flanges out of plate with my cnc plasma....all i need is a set of exhaust manifold gaskets to copy frop. but you should still have them milled flat once all the welding is done

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle