Need a few tips? 6.9idi

foreigner

"Ultimo gol"
Reaction score
Nothing to add? I highly doubt everyone are still going with the old t19/18, as robust as it is, it still robs one of the overdrive function.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BUT, there was a 89 F350 4x4 flat bed dually, can I use the ZF5 from it? What do I need if I plan on keeping my t-case and only swapping in the tranny?
Yes you can use the ZF5 ;Sweet

The transfer case will bolt right up to it, and you don't even have to do any driveshaft work. You'll need the transmission, the floor pan insert that goes over the transmission hump, a flywheel and clutch assembly, and possibly the transmission crossmember...that's it! It's relatively easy, and I firmly contend that, especially if you do a lot of freeway driving and ESPECIALLY if you have 4.10 gears, this is the single best modification you'll ever make to your truck.

foreigner

"Ultimo gol"
Reaction score

The transfer case will bolt right up to it, and you don't even have to do any driveshaft work. You'll need the transmission, the floor pan insert that goes over the transmission hump, a flywheel and clutch assembly, and possibly the transmission crossmember...that's it! It's relatively easy, and I firmly contend that, especially if you do a lot of freeway driving and ESPECIALLY if you have 4.10 gears, this is the single best modification you'll ever make to your truck.

Nice write up!! thnx pal!! Ill get on it over labor day weekend, and post pics later

foreigner

"Ultimo gol"
Reaction score

Does the flywheel have to be resurfaced?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the flywheel have to be resurfaced?
If you're going to reuse the clutch and flywheel that's with the ZF5, IIRC the stock dual-mass flywheel can't be resurfaced. I'm open to correction, though; I bought a Luk single-mass flywheel and clutch kit when I did my ZF conversion, so I've never dealt with a dual-mass flywheel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online