NAPA Battery

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
http://autos.msn.com/advice/CRArt.aspx?contentid=4023696

Apparently Exide.

From article,
"Most auto batteries are made by just three manufacturers, Delphi, Exide, and Johnson Controls Industries. Each makes batteries sold under several different brand names. Delphi makes ACDelco and some EverStart (Wal-Mart) models. Exide makes Champion, Exide, Napa, and some EverStart batteries. Johnson Controls makes Diehard (Sears), Duralast (AutoZone), Interstate, Kirkland (Costco), Motorcraft (Ford), and some EverStarts."

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
I wouldnt own a napa battery. everyone ive ever bought has went bad in a year. It was always covered under warranty but its just a pain in the ass to replace once a year.

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
The two batts I just replaced in my truck were napa's from '04 and '06. the '04 one was definitely junk, but I think the '06 still had a little bit of life left.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Napa legend line used to suck balls, well not really , if they did they would have had a redeeming value.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
The last Napa battery I used completely shorted out and died about 2 months after the warranty expired. That batter was DEAD too, I'd never seen a battery die so completely and utterly before and so fast, it was working fine, then all of a sudden came out to start car and doors wouldn't unlock, and dome lights wouldn't come on. I drove it a few miles before I replaced it after I had jump started it. I'm surprised it didn't destroy the alternator actually.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got NAPA's in most of my trucks, and I think they are all Deka's.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
The battery that Trav was talking about in the E-2 that "inverted" was a NAPA battery that was "new" in 2007. They were replaced by 2 NAPA batteries under warrenty. The ones that are just a few months old seem to be ok.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Huh. I've been abusing a pair of napa group 31s the past two years and have performed great. I swap em into the plow truck for the winter and been getting used hard as they saved my bacon this winter when the alternator failed. Nuthin better than driving with a failed alternator at night in the middle of the winter :D

Trex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 2 free group 31 batteries from work, i need to change battery terminals. What can i use? I have the clamp on style now, the group 31 batts have no post for the clamp on. Anyone have a solution and a picture?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online