name that leak.....

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well after my trip from hell she is getting put back together for another round...but I have a mystery leak I cannot find.

new return lines and rings, valley pan and gp cups are dry..no visible leaks top side. underneath there is something running down the drivers side exhaust manfold and bell housing. it is clear and I cannot smell (or tell) if it is diesel or coolant.

keep in mind all of my original leaks where on the passanger side....any thoughts would be appreciated

as another quick thought it is smooth up to about 1500 rpm and then there is a deffinate vibration/miss/something wierd, and it is seriously down on power

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay...a little more useless info...deffinatly appears to be diesel leaking out, and the only place I can see visible wetness from the top is at the exhaust manifold on the rear most cyl, drivers side...looks almost like its coming from the valve cover gasket, but i dont see how that could cause a diesel leak

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that could be as i think I may have a bad exhaust gasket....it just seems a bit excessive for an unburnt condition, and i dont know if that would explain the miss and loss of power

Black dawg

Reaction score
if the miss is caused by an injetor dumping fuel or a compression problem. Raw fuel out the exhaust will leak out there.

Smokey73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check the return cap on that back injector, mine was leaking after i replaced the o'rings and i couldn't see it from the top side but it was running down the back of the block

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online