my truck is a cadillac

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, relatively. Buddy just bought an 03 ram with 130k on it, quad cab dually 4x4 5 speed cummins.
My othe rbuddy works for Chrysler so once a week he brings home a 2012 power ragon with about 80k on it.

Let me tell you, they both ride like **** compared ot my truck. They ride the same compared to eachother(the two dodges).

Feels like the axles are just moving around in all sorts of different ways in a jarring motion under both of them. Its not even a firm ride just a jarring ride.

These dodges just feel like loose ********! My old ass truck with 340k miles on it feels much better. firm but controlled and well behaved.

FORD FTW!

but that dually is really ncie to get in and out of compared to mine. The seat and steering wheel combo is good.

/end

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree, Ford trucks do ride and handle fairly nice. My Ex is a 3/4 chassis on 4 leaf springs, but it does not jar your fillings loose like other cars and trucks I've had. I had a 2000 Dodge Durango, and the Ex rides much better than the Durango did. I have a bad back, and in other vehicles, especially cars, I can only ride for 30-45 minutes before I get stiff enough that it is difficult to get out. Some bumps just plain hurt. I can ride for hours in the Ex and not have a problem. Bumps just kinda go "bump......bump" and on we go. But I've hit a few that do hurt in the truck, but that is because the rubber bump stops on the front axle are missing and the axle bottoms out. The new shoes this week has also helped with the ride, another set of Firestone Transforce A/T's..... %#)#$#&($*() SCREWS!!!!! I know the Ford vans ride and in my opinion drive better than the other full size vans do. Ford just make a nice riding vehicle, that is still capable of doing work....

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Answered your PM.

Wouldn't ya rather compare your truck to a Lincoln rather than a :puke: Caddy?

SIL has a 04 Dodgem pos, if ya can't dodge em Ram em.:rotflmao

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dad and grandfather both bought new trucks in 91, both half tons. Dad's was a Ford. Granpa's was a Chevy. The Chevy 350 would eat the ford 302 for breakfast in power and ability to haul a load. Everything else went to the ford. It rode like a lincoln compared to the chevy, hands down and cornered and handled way better. Probably kept me alive looking back on things. :D

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can you compare a 350 to a 302? How about a chevy 350 to a Ford 351, 400 or a 390.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, you really can't fair point.

If it makes you feel any better, my 302 ford truck (I had one too actually an 88) really whipped up on the 305 chevy's. Old guy we used to call Mr. Goodwrench about cried one day when I pulled out to pass him going up a mountain and he couldn't keep up. Those were the days.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
A friend of mine had an 07 Chubby 1500 that rode way worse than my old rig. Granted, he was on 22's with low-profile tires, so that didn't help.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
putting a set of Bilstiens on Dodges really go a long way on improving ride quality. Still, there isn't a late model on the road that rides as nice as the Nostromo. Only saving grace of a independent coil spring front is how it performs under load. it is truly unmatched. :D
don't take my word for it, anybody who have ever rode and drove it will say the same :D it does help it tares at 8k/lbs..........:eek:

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, for a leaf sprung truck, my stock suspension 86 f350 rides very well. I'd put it up against any other f/r leaf equipped truck as far as ride quality goes.
Travis..

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my wife and i roll all around the west coast in mine. it rides great imo. better than my wrangler for sure.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
The '05 Chevy 2500 gasser I drive for work is a real coccyx destroyer. My truck rides like a cloud by comparison, is superior in just about every other way (MILEAGE, esp), and yet has 9 yrs and 40k on the bowtie.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford. Why drive anything else?

:cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svttim

Members online