my dyno numbers are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
For me it was never about his numbers. It was two guys going "I made this torque and horsepower with x-y-z combination and it totally rules."

Second guy:"WOW. I can't wait to try that on my truck!"

First Guy:" Well, actually you already have everything I have- my combo is really x-y-f not x-y-z like I led you to believe."

Second Guy: "Oh. That's disappointing, but thanks for coming clean." [Hmmm what else isn't he telling...]

If you've only read this thread you missed a lot of what went on. NMB2 deleted much of it.

I am with those who hope that he does make big numbers. I wish him the best. I come here to learn from people who know more than I ever will about these things. Criticism will only strengthen ones resolve to prove ones methods, or you can let it get to you. I hope the former happens.

exactly. pretty sure i posted this before, but i think with most of us it's not doubting an idi can make these numbers, but that he did. mainly because he changed his story after a couple days of people congratulating him and asking questions.

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
Absolutely not bro. As you know, torque and RPM are indispensable in figuring HORSEPOWER.

I really took it a bad way when you posted Horsepower numbers without RPM readings.

Well I'm sorry it hurt you so bad, but as you know, you can figure horsepower yourself, no different than the machine doing it for you.

Also, it was somewhat disingenuous to post your corrected numbers as "rear wheel horsepower". The correction would be to crankshaft horsepower.

not exactly sure what corrected numbers you are referring to, enlighten me perhaps?

Another reason I really want to see RPM is because your dyno graph, to me looks like a "zoomed in snapshot" of the torque peak, with the "valleys" chopped off. This would also explain the "flattest torque graphic ever for an idi".

now that's hilarious :rotflmao You're really starting to reach david.... thats a 1:1 scanned picture of my dyno sheet. As soon as I unpack house hold goods, or if i can find it before then, I'll take a picture of the sheet.

I was very excited when I heard about your numbers because I have two IDI trucks that use every bit of the power they make and could definitely use more. Then I was dissapointed because the results were compiled using a not very scientific method and just could not be accepted as fact.

A not very scientific method....you act like its rocket science. I know the torque, I know the rpm.. I can calculate the HP from that. I dont care if you dont like it, thats tough for you... dont post anymore in my threads

I understand why you do not like me. I have torn your methods to shreds. So shut me up by proving your numbers. I am guessing they will not be as high but still very respectable.

You tore my methods to shreds... you act like I didnt pull the information directly off of Mustang, dynojet, and the L&S website...... (hint: I did;Sweet) So congrats.. you tore the dyno manufacturers methods to shreds :rolleyes: get over yourself.

Sorry I am not going to "play dumb" to keep from bruising your ego.

You haven't bruised anything... I really wish I didnt have to keep myself refined to keep from getting banned, then it would get funLOL

And I accept your challenge of a "run whatcha brung" idi vs. idi race, such as that may be. How about at Rally 2012? I would say this year but I doubt you are going to drive coast to coast.

Sorry bud, I'll be in Afgahnistan

And just to start the friendly "rivalry" off on the right note:
You are gonna get smoked by at least 1 second:peelout

You also seem to not have very good reading skills. If it isn't related to tech, don't post it in here anymore, you are making yourself look foolish David... people are starting to talk.

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
If you've only read this thread you missed a lot of what went on. NMB2 deleted much of it.

cookoo Actually, I deleted info from my other thread, In hopes people wouldnt try to copy me, didn't touch this one;Sweet

Once again... stop hashing this out. If you want to keep talking about it, do it in your own thread, stop cluttering mine. The people that are actually interested in my build and making more than small numbers are tired of sifting through these garbage posts. That isnt just for ocnorb, but for everyone that keeps trying to feed the fire.

Reaction score
Ill say this guys... I saw the truck today, and met Justin in person...and I can tell you he is a stand up guy, and there is no reason his truck wouldnt make those numbers...

Ya Im a noob when it comes to these engines... But you guys all act like it is impossible for somebody to make power with them. There is no reason you cant make huge numbers with the IDI, the weak spot is the HG's and if you solve that, what do you have in your way?? Guys have been working the IDI for years in pulling, and just because they arent foruming up the net with all their secrets, doesnt mean that there isnt some wicked IDI's out there. NMB2 has his setup dialed just from tinkering, has thrown down some good numbers, and backed it up with what he has said, and posted videos, and yet you guys continue to give him flak, its like you just choose not to believe, even though you know its true... Cmon grow up. Im sure Justin is going to post some good **** up soon, and then its going to make what your saying look stupid... hell, it already looks stupid, at least to me, an objective observer...

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
The people that are actually interested in my build and making more than small numbers are tired of sifting through these garbage posts.

Well, have fun with your big numbers, I'll have fun with my small numbers and fast truck.
I truly wanted to believe everything in the start of this thread. The fact that your 'science' is slightly off to anyone that has worked with engines for any time and you lied about multiple things makes this thread a waste of information.

The worst part is we are going to have to deal with new folks showing up here expecting to make 350hp with your stock turbo and a dps/moose/other aftermarket pump and injectors.

I'm done with this thread, and you as a member here.
later

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
and for any new members. There was only one "lie" and that was that everyone thought I was using the T04z on the dyno pull, which I was not. I was using a stock 093 with my upgraded pipes, exhaust housing, and intake.

The worst part is we are going to have to deal with new folks showing up here expecting to make 350hp with your stock turbo and a dps/moose/other aftermarket pump and injectors.

You forgot my 4" intake tube and BAFAF, 2.5" x-over and up-pipes coated and wrapped, 3" exhaust housing with 3" wrapped downpipe, 4" straight pipe, and tweaked timing....

It actually helps if your motor can breathe, imagine that?!?!

I think the worst part is that for a long time everyone thought that making these numbers would take $10,000 and the motor would explode. When I joined this forum 15psi was considered dangerous... I've been running 20+ PSI for 12,000 miles now, probably about 4000 of which have been towing 8k+ trailers.

Last edited:

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice where you find that smilee lol didnt no it was on here now ill be using it in my sig

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Justin, just to clarify...

You have a stock engine block, stock internals, "super special headgasket", ats 93 turbo, and DPS injection pump & injectors. Correct?

As far as tinkering goes, on a turbo truck there are only 3 things I know you can adjust: the wastegate, fuel delivery, injection timing.

When you ran your dyno, do you know what your approx timing was, and what PSI your wastegate opens at (if you know)?

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
So Justin, just to clarify...

You have a stock engine block, stock internals, "super special headgasket", ats 93 turbo, and DPS injection pump & injectors. Correct?

As far as tinkering goes, on a turbo truck there are only 3 things I know you can adjust: the wastegate, fuel delivery, injection timing.

When you ran your dyno, do you know what your approx timing was, and what PSI your wastegate opens at (if you know)?

stock block, stock internals, only tore the motor down to the block.

I have studs, MLS gaskets, 093 turbo kit with a home made 3" exhaust housing, 3" down pipe, 4" straight pipe from there. 2.5" x-over and up-pipe that are coated and all exhaust parts are wrapped. 4" intake tube, 6637 filter. DPS Turbo Cal pump, DPS stage 1 injectors. When Diesel JD timed me I was 2*BTDC on his luminosity setup. That was my timing when I dynoed.

as far as tinkering goes, there are ALOT of internal things you can do. Ken does ALOT with these pumps internally. New cam collars, new fueling and timing curves, ect.

Externally you can ajust the max fuel screw, the fueling curve screw (torque screw), static timing, and wastegate. I did 5 pulls. I changed the position of my max fuel screw, torque screw, and messed with the wastegate. I am completely out of turbo, 22psi is the most this thing will push out. On my top power pull I had the torque screw in the position Ken shipped it at (turning it in lost nearly 50lbs of torque). Fuel screw maxxed out, and wastegate locked up.

Last edited:

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
stock block, stock internals, only tore the motor down to the block.

I have studs, MLS gaskets, 093 turbo kit with a home made 3" exhaust housing, 3" down pipe, 4" straight pipe from there. 2.5" x-over and up-pipe that are coated and all exhaust parts are wrapped. 4" intake tube, 6637 filter. DPS Turbo Cal pump, DPS stage 1 injectors. When Diesel JD timed me I was 2*BTDC on his luminosity setup. That was my timing when I dynoed.

as far as tinkering goes, there are ALOT of internal things you can do. Ken does ALOT with these pumps internally. New cam collars, new fueling and timing curves, ect.

Externally you can ajust the max fuel screw, the fueling curve screw (torque screw), static timing, and wastegate. I did 5 pulls. I changed the position of my max fuel screw, torque screw, and messed with the wastegate. I am completely out of turbo, 22psi is the most this thing will push out. On my top power pull I had the torque screw in the position Ken shipped it at (turning it in lost nearly 50lbs of torque). Fuel screw maxxed out, and wastegate locked up.

if you wire the wastgate shut then you can push more boost (if desired) IIRC dyoung was pushing 28lbs when his headgaskets blew. and just out of curiousity what are MSL gaskets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online