my dyno numbers are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
My truck was dyno'd on a Mustang dyno. Mustang dyno's are much more accurate to real world power than DynoJet's, which are very well known to put out inflated numbers. For this reason Mustang dyno's have a "Dynojet corrected #" for reference between the two.

http://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...ction/26743-mustang-vs-dynojet-good-read.html

Black line is torque
Green line is horsepower
red line is boost

Corrected output numbers:

321rwhp @ 3200
558rwtq @ 2200

My dyno sheet pull video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4xnCWBl_PU

Mustang Dyno sheet is here :
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very impressive numbers, I've been expecting this.
The Mustang VS dynojet is an old debate, and the numbers can't be directly compared, as he said, there is a correction factor for Mustang numbers to compare to Dynojet's higher ones. The Cummins guys throw that one about on a regular basis.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, those are some good numbers!!! I wonder what your numbers will be next run? Also I think those are the highest numbers I have seen. Does anyone know what type of dyno Heath's pull was on?

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and ;Sweet So many thought 300 hp and 600 lb-ft were nearly unachievable. Those are moderate mods on your engine and now your next run will prove differently!

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dyno sheet also cleary shows my HP is still rising....it never drops off, that is my 6psi of boost missing in the equation.

I also must admit I was wrong from another thread, dyno guy was certain my d-train loss is closer to 30% than 15% with the ZF5 and sterling.

thats awsome ;Sweet;Sweet:hail

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
and before anyone says it.... my starter isnt slow, I wasnt paying attention and had the truck in gear!! DOH!

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well 602 on a dynojet, which is not a very realistic number, it is inflated. my 558rwtq is the accurate number.

With my air filter situation fixed, and actually being able to burn off my fuel, like I usually do on the street. I'm expecting my Mustang Dyno numbers to jump up into the 230rwhp range and close to 580-590rwtq range.

Looking forward to adding an intercooler, turning my pump up, and jumping up into the 25psi range in a few months.

Still man you are close to 300/600. Maybe some water/methanol or some propane to help it out a lil bit. :sly

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
Still man you are close to 300/600. Maybe some water/methanol or some propane to help it out a lil bit. :sly

I'm definitely over 600tq at the crank... closer to 650tq at the crank. I think these next dyno pulls will jump me up to around 275/700 crank mark just by ajusting fuel and fixing my boost (IE, find a filter that my turbo wont implode)

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pretty dang impressive!
thats a lot of nuts getting to the ground.

your success has now traveled to another diesel forum.:D

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
I'm really at a loss for what to do with my filter. that IS the filter for 7.3 PSD guys and my turbo collapsed it. Looks like I need to do some research. If I don't find a new filter by the weekend, I will probably just run my pulls next week without a filter on the tube.

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Verry nice... The graph has no rpm info?... what were you turning when you finished your pull.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have our attention.;Really

If I ever switch to a better turbo in my truck, you have me wondering about the air filter. That was just crazy.

And yes, I was wondering about the startup too.....;Poke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online