Nvrich2004

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I settle in the left tank. Pump and filter thru 10 micron. Fuge at 5-10 gal per hr pre heated to 150-200. Usually a 2nd or 3rd fuge of the same oil. Then I'll add RUG and diesel(questioning if the diesel is pointless) and recently, I've been pumping back up to the top tank to re fuge the mix with out heat. I still get crap out. Then pump thu 10 micron into the truck stock tank. 06 common rail. Runs pretty good. I've been replacing trucks fuel filter every 3 tanks or so and using sea foam in the cartrage to clean any wmo carbon build up. (Hopefully)

Nvrich2004

Reaction score
So did I at first. But it seems like the best one for the best price. I had a unit from wvo designs before this. Good company but this one was less, holds more, came with the heater and cone, and is much easier to clean out.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nvrich i like the setup.
I follow the setup somewhat, how hard would it be to label some of those bigger items on the first pic???

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that Nvrich, I'm guessing you've been doing this longer then Dec '13.
How long did it take you to set all this up????
Like the gravity feed part of this, little easier to control how much is going in the CF.;Sweet
That sludge looks like something a blacktop company could use, if you get enough try pitching that them...????:Dcookoo

Nvrich2004

Reaction score
I did just start last dec. I just got my truck in November. Last cummins I had I was into biodiesel. But I built this system based off of things I've learned watching people on YouTube and reading a lot. It probably took about a month and a half to get everything collected and put together. Made a few upgrades and changes since then.
Depending on how dirty the oil I get is, I usually only get about a cup or so of that sludge out of the cf.

Nvrich2004

Reaction score
I can't start it easily un less I plug in the heater and set it on a timer. Any one else experience hard starts and what might be a solution? Also put 3/4 tank of d2 and got emissions tested and passed. I was a little worried a bit of w85 in the bottom of the tank might fail me. ;Sweet

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nature of the beast from my understanding... My truck was harder then normal to start when below 40 outside and not plugged in on oil... On d2... it'll fire without aid in the single digits no problem.

If you can, a small 2nd tank used for start up and shut down being used for straight d2 only would be ideal. If you cant do that, and want it to start easier, a thinner mix is the route to go or go like 50/50 d2 and w85... until the temps get up anyways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle