My 6.9 is a seven cylinder

zx2

Reaction score
I have suspected this but now have confermation. Lost one cylinder (runs in the 200psi range) plus it leaks oil at front and back mains, and the turbo whine is now the bearings going out....Gah....

what to do... what to do...Rebuild or repalce....

I turn this thought over a lot. any thoughts guys. :frustrate :frustrate :frustrate :frustrate

at least the radiator an water pump are new. :D

Well time to fire it up and got to work.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where in the Kalifornia Replublik are you? On CL there's a 6.9 still in a truck for $1k. You get the truck with the motor(a little fishy of a situation). Yes, its used but it buys you some time.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
I Vote both.Find you a good cheap used engine and drop in.Take the bad one and rebuild it over time.You still have your truck to drive and you can build a special engine for it without having to resort to other means of transport.

zx2

Reaction score
towcat said:
Where in the Kalifornia Replublik are you? On CL there's a 6.9 still in a truck for $1k. You get the truck with the motor(a little fishy of a situation). Yes, its used but it buys you some time.
I am down in Temcula on the I-15, right at the Riverside/San Diego county line.

what is CL?

zx2

Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
I Vote both.Find you a good cheap used engine and drop in.Take the bad one and rebuild it over time.You still have your truck to drive and you can build a special engine for it without having to resort to other means of transport.
the thought has crossed my mind. the problem is, is that I don't have a place at the moment that will allow me to do it. My garage isn't big enough to be able to do the job, plus it is full of construction junk and has my 'toy ' car in it. the neighborhood has the oblogatory Azzhat that complains about everone that works in there driveway. So that part would be tricky. i have done all my rebiulding and magor stuff out at my dad's place. The rat blew the country for Samoa for a few years and I've rented out the place to some one. Nuts.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
zx2 said:
I am down in Temcula on the I-15, right at the Riverside/San Diego county line.

what is CL?
I know where temecula is. kinda real close to the INS checkpoint. CL is craigslist. a very dangerous place......not good for the wallet. Picture fleabay without the scammers. www.craigslist.org check it out in your area. go to the auto parts section and type up "diesel" in the search. you'd be suprised what you find there. You guys down in SoCal, need to put your heads together and orginize a motor party. easier with a bunch of guys doing the motor. chances are good if everyone has doen one before that you should be R&R'd in a day or two.

zx2

Reaction score
towcat said:
I know where temecula is. kinda real close to the INS checkpoint. CL is craigslist. a very dangerous place......not good for the wallet. Picture fleabay without the scammers. www.craigslist.org check it out in your area. go to the auto parts section and type up "diesel" in the search. you'd be suprised what you find there. You guys down in SoCal, need to put your heads together and orginize a motor party. easier with a bunch of guys doing the motor. chances are good if everyone has doen one before that you should be R&R'd in a day or two.
I'd love that, but there are not a lot of us down here that i know of, Swany is the closest that comes to mind and he is four hours away. I wouldn't be opposed to a northern motor party, iffens there was a group interested. I got beer and meat money and not a bad hand at the BBQ. :D Ribs and Carnitas are a specailty I also have family up yur way, kinda (Windser).

I have been looking at the autotrader, but I am kinda stubborn and get attatched to my particular vehicles (known evils). So have just bee putting of having to make a decision. It's the fear of the Turbo comming apart while in the middle of a two to three ton haul that is starting to wear on the back of my mind. So pretty soon I will have to do something. :frustrate

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance