MPG with new motor

SeeYa

OB Vendor/ DP-Tuner
Reaction score
Well guys it's been over a week now since the new motor has been up and running. When the engine blew it had a half a tank of premium diesel in her. Last Tuesday I filled her up again with Premium Diesel. Have driven 309 miles with a half a tank left. 14 gallon tank, MPG comes to 45 MPG. ;Really I will run a few more tank fulls through(with additives)in her and get back to you in a couple of months LOL.

SeeYa

OB Vendor/ DP-Tuner
Reaction score
You're getting better then me mostly because of the 5 spd. Mine is an auto so in town driving is hurting my mpg right now. I filled up right before I posted. Still on that tank full. :love: I drive it every other day now since my oldest is in kindergarten and is riding the bus.:thumbsup: Just got some new additives to try and I will check it over the next couple of tanks for a good comparision and report back.

Thanks edmguy69, I am very happy to have it running again. Jody knew he would be in trouble if it wasn't,LOL :rotflmao

Wyatt Earp

Diesel Geek
Reaction score
If you are getting 50+ MPG (US) then you are doing very well. I see 4.8 L / 100 km in my car which works out to about 58 MPG (Imperial) - All HWY.

Squirreltow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 93k on my engine and have always gotten between 49 and 52 mpg with the 5sp. Best vehicle I have ever owned. :D