motorcraft glowplug help quick

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on what exactly your asking.....no they aren't all the same....6.9 generally is blade and 7.3 is spade or bullet.

If you're asking about quality and working in our engines....well that will be debated forever I suppose but the general consensus is they are the best for our motors.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhh yes they are. Actually that is the only other place I've found around here that sells Motocraft/Beru's. So to answer your question that is them...Buy em while they are hot!!

cewofford

7.3 IDI Turbo
Reaction score
i got in a pinch a month ago and put three bosch into replace the bad autolites the PO installed. are bosch close to as good as Beru

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I think its easier to say this.. Its been found by many owners that autolites and champions are by far the worst glow plug for our motors. I have used them and found this out myself. I run the motorcraft beru designed for my motor. Years ago I wanted to try the dual element or dual coil plugs but never got around to it. I think they were around $18.00 each at that time. About a year ago autozone was selling out their inventory of beru plugs.... Lots of members bought as much as they could find at $2.99 each. I eneded up with over 6 sets of them for the future needs. I have used one set and given away one set that was tested ok but used. I had removed them and just couldn't justify installing a used set when I had a spare set. If a better plug comes along I will change with the tide but until then I feel beru have proven time and time again they are superior to anything on the market at this time. Anytime you find the word beru and its followed by ZD9 then you found a plug that fits the 7.3 motors. They will also fit the 6.9 motor but you will need to upgrade the controller to the 7.3 solid stae type.

Fishin76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are no plugs for a 7.3 that are self regulating that work with the stock controller. If you go to a push button, there are many to try. For 6.9's, Wellman (dieselRx) makes a plug that is self regulating, and it works with the stock 6.9 old style controller. I have 4 of them in now, all seem to work just fine. ( I ran outta time to install the other 4).

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think its easier to say this.. Its been found by many owners that autolites and champions are by far the worst glow plug for our motors. I have used them and found this out myself. I run the motorcraft beru designed for my motor. Years ago I wanted to try the dual element or dual coil plugs but never got around to it. I think they were around $18.00 each at that time. About a year ago autozone was selling out their inventory of beru plugs.... Lots of members bought as much as they could find at $2.99 each. I eneded up with over 6 sets of them for the future needs. I have used one set and given away one set that was tested ok but used. I had removed them and just couldn't justify installing a used set when I had a spare set. If a better plug comes along I will change with the tide but until then I feel beru have proven time and time again they are superior to anything on the market at this time. Anytime you find the word beru and its followed by ZD9 then you found a plug that fits the 7.3 motors. They will also fit the 6.9 motor but you will need to upgrade the controller to the 7.3 solid stae type.

Very well put/said!! I think I will have to save and use this as a quote the next time this debate comes up! :thumbsup:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Needs to be a sticky in the tech articles since glow plugs are the most failure prone part of these trucks.,