More 6.9 rebuild progress.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heath, did you say underdrive with a Typ4 5 speed? What ring and pinions you running? Sounds like a stump puller for sure.:slyLOL Good luck with the progress, looks great.:love::hail
Yup, it's a US gear underdrive. It's like having 4.56 gears in the axles. They have 3.55's front and rear currently. Plus, the gasser ZF5 has a lower 1st and reverse compaired the diesel version. Makes life with the fifth wheel a bit easier for sure.

It has to run amazing.......if it blows up and they miss another camping season, Missy will probably send him to the rally in a box.

Did anybody else catch that????

He said box!:rotflmao:rotflmao

:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

you might feel a slight pressure:D

Just the tip? Ron's used to that, it's all he got
Well, I see it didn't take too long for this one to go into the weeds.

SICKOS!!:D

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at the calender this am. It doesn't look so good for the project. My partner is going out of town a lot in March and especially in April. When he leaves I can't go out of the county to Dad's shop to work on the truck. This sucks!

Gonna try and get some work done Friday night before I head to Arkanas Saturday for the DT466 turbo. And, hit it hard Sunday as well.

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've gotten the transmission, US Gear underdrive, and t-case installed along with the two crossmembers. I've been hooking up hose, wires and the like as well. I didn't get much done this weekend as I went to Arkanas to buy another turbo for the DT466 and had to got to two different funerals as two family friends passed.

Looking at the intercooler, it's going to be interesting to get installed and have everything look stock from the outside. There not much room on the '83-'86 IDI's. I've started a new thread on the issues.

Hope to have the Moose stuff soon.

Here are a few photos.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Heath

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
And now you know why I have had mine for 3 years and not installed it yet. LOL

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I know it is a bit late now, but in the case of the slant and brick noses, would a water to air IC work better? They are smaller, and you could mount them "anywhere" with their own fan, like a transmission or oil cooler? If/when I get a slant and if I ever went that far with it, that is what I would consider. I know looking at the IC for my 6.0 (I know the nose was designed for an IC to fit), but it is huge.... the only cooler larger in that stack up front is the radiator itself....

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scott, it's gonna be a tight fit for sure. I may and probably will get creatitive to get it mounted to my satisfaction. It may require moving the condensor or modifying the the valance. I certainly hope to leave the valance alone. I don't wanna cut it up at all.

Heath

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Ocnorb has a water-air intercooler on his slantnose. I think he wants to get a bigger radiator for it though.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No real big updates over the past month. Sorry guys. There has been progress, it's just been slow with work and my partner taking a lot of time off in March and April. Plus, I've needed to help Dad rebuild the 451BD in his Case 1150C dozer.

I've got my Moose fuel goodies on the truck and several other things done (the starter, new stearing box, balancer, oil fill tube, front of engine accessories... blah, blah, blah....).

I've also modified the radiator support to move the new Rodney Red radiator 1.5 inches closer to the engine to make room for the intercooler and the A/C condensor. I've not ordered the IC piping yet (it's on my to do list though LOL).

I'm replacing the three rear driveshaft u-joints with new spicer units. Got those ordered today. I just hate not being able to work on the truck for the next two weeks, but I will eventually get it finished and rally ready.

Heath

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I've also modified the radiator support to move the new Rodney Red radiator 1.5 inches closer to the engine to make room for the intercooler and the A/C condensor.

Heath

That sounds like a huge help for the IC fitment. Intercooled and Rodney Red, should be a cool truck for sure.LOL;Sweet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a huge help for the IC fitment. Intercooled and Rodney Red, should be a cool truck for sure.LOL;Sweet

It will make my life easier when the times comes to install that IC for sure. A friend of mine works in Evansville Indiana (where Rodney Red is located) and will pick up my old rad and my new Rodney Red for me today. I just hope she has enough room in the back of her Tahoe for those big radiators. Man, I really hope you are right Goose. I want the EGT's to stay reasonable with the Moose fuel, and the coolant to stay reasonable while burning the fuel the Moose pump and injectors provide while hauling the fifth wheel.

Wish I had some time off to work on it, but the next two weeks, I'm stuck here working while the truck is at Dad's shop.

Heath

Last edited:

Drew2010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear your still making progress, even if it is slow. Keep the updates coming as you get them done. Keep up the good work and we are all definitely looking foreword to the completion of this project.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to hear your still making progress, even if it is slow. Keep the updates coming as you get them done. Keep up the good work and we are all definitely looking foreword to the completion of this project.

Will do buddy. The Rodney Red looks so sweet! Can't wait to get it on the truck!

Heath

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Staff online