Moose junior ip acting up

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll second the fuel supply suggestion. You are probably pulling so much fuel that you have a restriction in your supply. A fuel gauge between the IP and filter head will confirm this. We have Isspro fuel pressure gauges in stock. Other customers who have reported similar problems found this to be the cause.

i am one of them, FWIW.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im running a holley RED pump 5-7 psi.
altho i will be swapping it out for a holley BLACK pump and regulating it down to 5-6 psi.
i want the GPM's higher

FastestIdIinthe707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. I got a carter pump. It says it can do 4.5 to 8 psi. Did you run bigeye fuel line straight from your tank? Or did you leave the factory sized line and run bigger from the tank switcher?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
factory lines, the pump is in the place where the FSV used to be.
im only running a single tank.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Fuel pressure AND fuel volume is very important. You can easily have 5 lbs going into the injection pump but not enough volume. A fuel line restriction or a weak pump will cause the flow to be just as high pressure but not flow enough fuel for you pump. About 80 to 90% of the fuel reaching the injection pump is used as a coolant and lube for the pump and the injectors. then it goes back to the fuel tanks.

FastestIdIinthe707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
figured it out!! ;Sweet im an idiot! but im learning. my waste gate was opening even tho i had a valve inline it would open at 7lbs of boost. i shut the valve and now i can build up to 16lbs of boost. i hooked up a fuel pressure gauge and im getting around 6-7 psi after my filter. one time it dropped down to 4 1/2 psi so i might want to get a better lift pump but for now im happy! got an appointment next Tuesday to get it timed. wondering how much boost can i make before i blow my head gasket? i heard i could run about 15lbs?

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ats sets em at 5#, Banks said 10 # some say 12# most headstud after they find out the hard way.
I'd venture a guess your close.
Santarosa diesel gunna time you? For thier price you are close to buying a meter!
Just not the one on epay now its been there for a ***** age.

FastestIdIinthe707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I'll try to fine toon it to open at 15#. Yea they said it will be like 130 bucks But I need it done.
Napa truck pulls are coming up. There the 27th of this month I believe. I'm planning on going as long as I don't blow it up in willit's the day before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge140

Members online