Moly Lubro Diesel Purge on a IDI? Anyone do this?

warmblood58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use this on my older MB's and its good stuff! Has anyone done a diesel injector pump cleaning/injector clean with Moly Lubro Diesel Purge? Curious about your results?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Diesel fuel going thru the IP better be cleaner than Hospital clean. I'd be scared to death to run something like that thru my IP's.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I use this on my older MB's and its good stuff! Has anyone done a diesel injector pump cleaning/injector clean with Moly Lubro Diesel Purge? Curious about your results?

Diesel purge doesnt clean a pump so much as it cleans the injectors. The stuff is nothing short of amazing. If you have any injectors that are misbehaving, that is THE stuff to use. If that doesnt take care of it, its time for new injectors ( unlike your benz, the injectors on these things dont get rebuilt, its cheaper and better to get new ones. Most injections shops wont touch the things because the parts cost more than new injectora, they werent built to last a million miles + like Bosch injectors )

Its a little trichier to hook up on one of these things than on a benz, but doable. Most folks dont want to fool with the stuff.. Ive been using it for years, ITs the bees knees. Gotta love those europeans. With roughly 65% of their vehices being diesels, they make some dang good stuff for diesel engines ;Sweet

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
i use diesel purge on any diesel i buy.. great stuff. use a inline fuel filter to make sure everything is clean.

its a pain in the butt to set up all the hoses correctly to have a closed loop system on the fords.. mercedes return lines are right there.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I've read that the gm 6.2/6.5 guys love it. Same inj. Pump, but the return lines come out the front. So it's easier to do.

But still shouldn't be too bad to do on a 6.9/7.3. Just gonna need some fuel hose.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gave it a shot ina new filter...fired ran a few minutes shut down...was good...

Now I want to buy 3 cans and do the closed loop technique so I can really work the injectors and see if it makes a difference in how the ole girl runs and maybe buys me a bit more time so I can afford replacement injectors.

Just sayin...well worth the try...

Al

EDIT

Napa here locally sells this stuff...

$44.00 taxes in for 3 cans, then a small filter and electric pump to the IP and close the system into closed loop...woo hoo..

Last edited:

warmblood58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great! Do you have a procedure for the IDI . . still finding my way around. Line from lift pump into bottle with Moly, then locate return line to tank and insert back into bottle containing Moly . . thats it, yes?

Diesel purge doesnt clean a pump so much as it cleans the injectors. The stuff is nothing short of amazing. If you have any injectors that are misbehaving, that is THE stuff to use. If that doesnt take care of it, its time for new injectors ( unlike your benz, the injectors on these things dont get rebuilt, its cheaper and better to get new ones. Most injections shops wont touch the things because the parts cost more than new injectora, they werent built to last a million miles + like Bosch injectors )

Its a little trichier to hook up on one of these things than on a benz, but doable. Most folks dont want to fool with the stuff.. Ive been using it for years, ITs the bees knees. Gotta love those europeans. With roughly 65% of their vehices being diesels, they make some dang good stuff for diesel engines ;Sweet

warmblood58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True, but it must lube/clean IP plungers, yes?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I would pour it into something bigger. Like a gallon jug or something.

I would also do as NO_SPRK, put a good filter inline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge140