Molasses Carnage Corrections

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Well that sucks. Thanks for the pic! I'll take the bore brush with me and scrub it as well as I can. Gotta get 'er retimed tomorrow.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
The 5/16" drill bit is a bit too loose in the bore. I don't have a complete set and doubt I have one that would fit it better. I know my step bits won't do!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do what you gotta do.
i know when i rented Gary's meter, a bit came with it.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes that tab is spot welded on. Sorry I'm late to the party.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
The bit in his kit is a little small. That fact coupled with the wobbly timing tube makes me think someone (the Master!) fubared that up as well.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahem...zmaller drill bit weeee bitto sand paper taped on and zpin away the flotsam and jetsom of the past to a new and bright n shiney.....oh look a squirrel....clean.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
No spinning going on there. Turning very slowly by hand, yes. Apparently there is a lot of flake in the tube so I'll give 'er the ol' 1-2. Copper bore brush first, then a 220 grit finisher :D

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Ahem...zmaller drill bit weeee bitto sand paper taped on and zpin away the flotsam and jetsom of the past to a new and bright n shiney.....oh look a squirrel....clean.

Btw, I forgot to tell you that the pump works in that wiper fluid resevoir. Bonus! Thanks again ;Sweet

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
You outdid yourself in this case then LOL

Still in awe that it looks so much better than the one I pulled out with you being further north.

Old one is on the left, one you sent me is on the right.

You must be registered for see images attach

Looks almost new!

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Last coat of red went on pretty nice today. Only problem was that I disconnected the air hose from the spray gun near the cowl panel and got a few high speed droplets across the passenger side of it that I'd just painted :rolleyes: As it started to dry I noticed they didn't leave too much of a trace and is not on the side I'll see everyday anyway LOL

No pics today. Took the dogs to the very for their annuals and tried again to time the IP. Turns out there is a slight sorry in the magnetic pickup probe. When moving the wire around right at the plug I'd occasionally get readings, but all over and crazy like, then back to -20.0 (no signal). Hopefully Gary will be able to repair it for future use, but in the meantime he sent out 2 more mag probes today (thank you sir!).

Tomorrow my dad is stopping by again to help me set the hood in place and then I'll get the first coat of white on the fenders. Also bolted the new brake controller to the underside of the dash so all I'll have to do when the wiring kit shows up is install the bed outlet and run the wire. I might be sliding into home here!

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Progress in order today. First bit of business was to get stuff out of the paint room. If course I peeled a 7" strip of fresh paint off one of the fenders. Luckily it was in the "white stripe" section and 600 grit sandpaper did the trick. Then off to install cowl panel.

Done!

Then install visor and silicone EVERY fine thread bolt and fender washer.

Done!

Then I cleaned the old adhesive off the backs of the emblems. I also removed the nuts holding the handles on the coolant shutoff valves and dropped a dab of loctite on them since they were already working loose.

Then my dad showed up to help me set the hood.

Done!

Then I could finally get the first coat of white on the fenders and stone deflector. I totally got over spray behind the paper on top of each fender, but luckily a shop towel and some elbow grease got it off. So...

Done!

Tomorrow is the last day of paint and I'll be running the wiring for the brake controller. Gooday!

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I'm calling it! Paint is done! The white covered very well and is getting some extra drying time with the heat on while I run the wiring for the brake controller and in bed socket. Body will be back together this afternoon!

Unfortunately the ground is still too wet to get it through the grandparents back yard today.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Wiring is 100% DONE. Trailer brake controller is all setup, just need to screw the 2 circuit breakers into the driver's side fender when it's mounted. It's fighting me and the bumper needs to shift to the driver's side, yet the top bolts on the brackets have rusty @$$ nuts that I can't get a boxed end wrench on...

BUT! At least the passenger side is kinda done.

I'm having an issue with bolting the battery tray to the metal fender. Detailing thread here...

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/member.php?18042-crash-harris