Missed the big moment

Danoflapper

Reaction score
My mom's truck decided to puke its guts out all over the road last week Tuesday on her way home from work. It's a 6 liter ford and it blew a high pressure oil line sensor. So she drove my pickup to work all week while her truck was in the shop, and I drove my deathtrap GTO. That's another story entirely, but I smelled like exhaust and probably lost most of my brain cells due to carbon monoxide poisoning while driving that rotten thing back and forth. ;Sweet Anyways, I hopped in my truck yesterday morning and looked at the odometer. I knew I was getting real close to 250,000 miles and I didn't want to miss it. Too late: 250,001.1 miles. Shoot. Maybe I'll catch it at 300k

My parents got out of the shop real cheap too. The sensor that failed was a $30.00 part. So they got out of the shop for $225 with an oil change. Not Bad!

'94-Turbo-444

Reaction score
Talk about lucky.... haha
I have a '66 Impala that I was wanting to trade for a FX4 with the 6.0 and i spent months researching all the problems hearing "oh $500 hereee, a couple thousand thereeee" things and ended up deciding that i didnt want to sink about $4K in bulletproofing it and backed out. What year is your GTO?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i got real lucky, similar deal where my wifes car was down so she was driving my jetta. i thought i missed it but she parked it in the driveway on the nose!

Attachments

• IMAG0409.jpg
    IMAG0409.jpg
    482.8 KB · Views: 60

Danoflapper

Reaction score
Talk about lucky.... haha
I have a '66 Impala that I was wanting to trade for a FX4 with the 6.0 and i spent months researching all the problems hearing "oh $500 hereee, a couple thousand thereeee" things and ended up deciding that i didnt want to sink about $4K in bulletproofing it and backed out. What year is your GTO?

Trading a '66 impala for a truck? You're crazy.

It has been expensive, but my parents still like the truck an awful lot. Even after head gaskets. Luckily this was just a cheepy.

My car is a 65. I just bought it a month ago and I'm having a blast with it before I do some overhaulin' this winter.

i got real lucky, similar deal where my wifes car was down so she was driving my jetta. i thought i missed it but she parked it in the driveway on the nose!

That's pretty lucky jred. I find it funny that it's a pride thing if your vehicle has 200k+

yowen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol the truck I just got has 313,000! I can't quite claim it as a pride thing yet (I am of course very proud of the truck!), as I've not put any worth-mentioning miles on it yet. I guess for me its waiting for 333,333 or 350,000...