Mirrors

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I would have to agreee with 99cc7.3

I have driven a few 80-97 F and E Series Fords. With the placement of the mirror even, or rearward of the vent wing post, they placement SUCKS!!!!!! You have to turn you head to look at the mirror, and the viewing area is limited. I have drive a few later vehicles with the mirror location in a similar position to where he placed his. Toward the front of the door. (A 94 E series, a 97 F series (triton) and my Superduty. The van and the 97 without tow mirrors have a better viewing position and you have a better field of view. The towing mirrors similar to what he has installed that are on my Superduty (Excursion) are some of the best mirrors in a pickup that I have used. They are in a user friendly positon, the field of vision is huge and really nice with the large flat mirror in the top 3/4 and the smaller wide angle mirror in the bottom 1/4. With the wide angle mirror I can see a vehicle beside me, on either side, in the mirror, until I can seem them in the drive or passenger front window.

Not saying I would put the 99+ mirrors on a 97- bodystyle truck. But I can agree with him on the improvement over the factory mirrors......

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
That's why with the tri pod mirrors, you need the little round mirrors to see everything.

You must be registered for see images attach

I can see why you don't like these chrome ones 93cc, I remember reading you don't like chrome.

I'm a huge fan of chrome so ofcoarse I'll hate the black plastic ones! lol

My top pick is the trucker style Western Mirrors, however, they do have big blind spots cause they take up so much room and they extend out pretty far. But they look great!

86F2506.9

6.9 International
Reaction score
cool i did this

still full function of the vent window put these on last night still need to fiberglass the covers

do you have any full front picks of the front with the mirrors i just was wonderin how it looked from the front

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will stick my nose in and add my three-cents worth. ;Really

So far as I am concerned, there have been only two types of mirrors worthy of being on a truck; the stainless four-legged ones like on my truck and genuine West Coast mirrors of which I recently purchased a genuine Ford set at a swap-meet; I am still debating on whether to install the West Coast ones or leave as is.

BUT, to really get the best from these mirrors, one MUST remove them from the door and remount them as far forward on the door as possible.

Many years ago, I got tired of having to shift my head back to see in the mirror; what on earth was Ford thinking; surely the guy who decided on mirror placement was having a bad day. cookoo

With my relocated mirrors, I simply shift my eyes and I can see down the side of the trailer and everything that is going on beside/behind me. :thumbsup:

My relocated mirrors are among my favorite modifications. ;Sweet

I dislike the cheap-looking plastic mirrors so common on the newer trucks. ;Really

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you, but I do a lot of city travel, so the big metal tow mirrors are a no go for me.

I would figure being able to better see around the truck would be an asset in close quarters and heavy traffic.

Cell-phones aside, I think that limited visibility contributes to the actions of many drivers. :)

86F2506.9

6.9 International
Reaction score
i like the dodge mirriors on the obs style i like them when there up and when there folded down they look pretty dam good thats why i was wonderin about the super duty mirriors cause i like the super duty mirrors but not sure how they look on the obs trucks

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
i like the dodge mirriors on the obs style i like them when there up and when there folded down they look pretty dam good thats why i was wonderin about the super duty mirriors cause i like the super duty mirrors but not sure how they look on the obs trucks

The superduty base is just too big to use on a OBS. You have to block off and cover the wing window-cuss

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, the superduty doors are bigger than the older doors. We also do not have vent windows.... just one large one. Mine are far enough forward they do not cause a blind spot. But they were designed to be where they are. The OBS one, the doors are not as long front to back, so he did what he had to .... I like the mirrors, but not necessarly in the application as on that green OBS...

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
stainless steel west coasts.

just because;
like 'em or not,they belong in every mirror thread.;Sweet

(yeah i know my stockers need to go lol.waiting until body work/new paint job so the holes get filled in properly,and i don't need to worry about water entering for now.)

Attachments

• wc.jpg
    wc.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 68

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online