Mirrors

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are factory towing mirrors, don't know any other name for them. Did you try the reproduction ones LMC sells?

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
The ones LMC sell are just like the ones at the local parts stores, there cheaply made and actually there somewhat the same but then again a lot different. Anyone know of a part number for the mirror? I dont need the mounts.

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
If you mean replacements for the mirrors I see on the truck in the pic they sell them here at a local retailer not sure the price though but if your interested i could price them and let you know

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where can I find a replacement mirror? I have tried the aftermarket replacement mirrors, and like usual POS!!! I cant seem to find them, what type are they anyways?

http://cdn.getauto.com/photos/4/155674/1c/1FTJF35H2NNA49133-1c.jpg

This has been discussed recently many many times; it must be mirror season. LOL

I know exactly what you mean by the after-market replacements; they have the shaft externally attached to the back-side of the housing; plus, most are cheap chrome-plated and will soon be rusty as a grubbing-hoe.

Ford and GM heads will interchange; BUT, there are a couple of minor differences that will need be addressed, should you find a GM head and wish to attach it to your FORD bracket.

GMs are a lot more prevalent, as they used the same heads on close mounts on nearly every truck they produced from 1973 - 1987.

The GM shaft is a couple inches shorter than the FORD shaft; nothing wrong with that so long as both sides are replaced; otherwise, the truck will look lop-sided.

The GM head will perfectly fit the FORD shaft.

Loosening the four screws will allow a GM head to slide completely off it's shaft.

Not so for the FORD, as there is an internal retainer-clip that will have to be cut away --- from INSIDE the head; no problem if the glass is already broken; once this clip is gone, a GM head will slide onto the FORD shaft.

The GM heads have "ribs" on their back sides; whereas, the FORD heads are smooth; this difference is not noticable to the casual observer, but it is there none-the-less.

I state all of this on account of I have many times used GM heads on FORD brackets, whenever a FORD head was un-available.

I don't have mirror difficulties anymore, as I have been hoarding them for years from swap-meets. :D

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Also the door mounts are different, early ones have 3 holes where they mount at the top of the door and later ones use 2 holes, and have a "rubber" pad the goes between the bracket and door skin. The mirror heads are the same, just the door mounts are different. I've gone through couple of them. If I come across a pair I snatch them up. The factory Ford heads have Fords logo stamped in the center of the 4 bolts on the back side of the head.

Shaguardriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set you can have one of the mirrors is cracked but the brackets are in great shape.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to an RV dealer that sells parts. If they deal with Arrow Distributing (Arrow P/N 730492) (**** P/N 11000) the mirror head will fit your bracket L or R side.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Thanks towcat, they actually have the type I need, and not the cheesy ones. All I need is the head not the mounts. I do think I temporarily got mine fixed until I get the real replacement. I will email or give Retrac Mirrors a call. Thanks everyone!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks towcat, they actually have the type I need, and not the cheesy ones. All I need is the head not the mounts. I do think I temporarily got mine fixed until I get the real replacement. I will email or give Retrac Mirrors a call. Thanks everyone!
I've bought from them for years for the OEM replacement and the guys who want the "west coast" style setup on their trucks. I suspected for a long time the only difference between theirs and Ford's is the logo stamped on the front. It is very likely they are a supplier building for Ford. You won't be disappointed on the quality and pleasantly surprised on the cost.

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
Thanks Towcat!

I found the ones I need for my farm truck!

By the way I like your Avatar's pictures too.

Thanks,
Burt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online