Mirrors - power - heat - convert

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I have a 95 and since we are getting a seasonal site at a local campground I won't be needing to tow on a regular basis which means I can ditch the current fold out stainless tripod mirrors that are on my ride currently - I would like to restore the factory style mirrors on the truck but I want power and heat. On the build sheet for the truck it mentions that it came equiped with power mirrors but did not list heated mirrors. My thinking is I can get mirrors off a 98-02 2nd gen truck and get ahold of another control switch then just bolt these puppies on and the wiring should be tucked in my door somewhere or I can run wires.

So will the mirrors that fit a 98-02 fit on my 95? I would think so since it "look" like both doors are the same (remove the tri-angle plastic and wa-la)....

bilder50

Reaction score
My 02 power & heat stock mirrors didn't have a switch for heat. Don't know how the defrost works but it was 3 degrees one morning and they worked just fine. Been to the car wash and lite water film froze as you would expect and the mirrors defrosted asap. Again they have no switch. I did the hybird towing mirror switch with heat & power fold out mirrors and they too don't have a switch but defrost just fine.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I suspect that the wire that runs the heat portion of the mirror is controlled by the defrost or some such thing - I figured that for that circuit I would just install a switch on the dash somewhere and have it on when I want them to heat - sort of like I did with The Enterprise (my old truck - had heated west coast mirrors). I was just wondering if the foot print for the 98 and up 2nd gens was the same as the 94-97 2nd gen body styles.

I ended up buying a set from a guy off another website complete with the switch tonight, so hopefully they will bolt up and then I can start sifting through the wiring to get them functional.

Gotta stop by a body shop here pretty soon and get a quote on smoothing out the holes in the door and respraying because the tripod towing mirrors will leave holes in the door :eek:

Biggest plus to this is when finished I will be able to hit the local automatic car wash ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online