MIRROR QUESTION

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
Does anyone have these mirrors on there truck? Listing says 1980-1983 p/u and bronco. I have never seen this exact style with the 6 mounting holes and long top bracket. I need to know the distance between the two outer bolt holes on the top bracket. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 63

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, the three top mounting holes are normal for '80-'91 trucks with the 7x10 trailer mirrors; they switched to using two holes (the same as the "baby" tripod mirrors") in '92. I know that the "baby" tripod mirrors on '84+ trucks have only two mounting holes on the top, but the larger mirrors share those two holes, plus a third. Your setup may be similar, or it may not be.

I took these pictures to get an idea of the mounting point location on both of the "later" mirror setups...maybe they'll help you some? I only have one pic of the 7x10 mirror setup, but I can take more if you'd like...

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
I have mirrors similar to your third picture but with two holes . I am wanting to replace them with foldable swing lock type and when I seen those mirrors I thought that I could use them instead of the ones in your first two pictures and not be left with an unused hole for the top bracket. They two hole swing lock holes are only about 3 in apart were my two are like 6 in apart

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have mirrors similar to your third picture but with two holes . I am wanting to replace them with foldable swing lock type and when I seen those mirrors I thought that I could use them instead of the ones in your first two pictures and not be left with an unused hole for the top bracket. They two hole swing lock holes are only about 3 in apart were my two are like 6 in apart
Oh wow, I didn't realize the OBS bracket was that different! I knew about having two holes instead of three, but I thought they were spaced the same. Now that change makes even less sense...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online