MBRP 4" is on

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
well thanks to help from Nick and Russ i now have ditched the stock exhaust system for a new stainless 4" system with a straight thru muffler.

just got it today. first impressions are, better throttle response and way less turbo lag. the sound is OK, lots of turbo whistle. there is a bit of a drone but it's not bad at all, sounds as good as any PSD i've heard. the off-idle whistle from the exhaust sounds sweet.

i havent run a full tank thru it but i did fill up on my way home ($3.23 couldn't pass it up) and then topped off when i got home ($3.54:mad:). the 4 gallon top-off showed 15.8 mpg;Sweet

definitely an improvement over the 12 i was getting regularly with the old cat and muffler intact. i'm excited to see the improvements over the next few fillups.

i also got new GPs installed and new front axle joints. so now everything on the SD is working again.

special thanks to Nick for a fair deal on the job and to Russ for all his help. i owe you one.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Glad the preliminary mileage is up. ;Sweet It sounded good as you went by me on the way home. Glad to of helped, it's always fun taking someone else's truck apart.:D Let us know if the mileage continues to be better.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
here's the first cold start with the new GPs. only 35 or so out but definitely starts better.

You must be registered for see images attach

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
15.778 gallons 194.7 miles 60/40 highway. 12.3 mpg. maybe 15 minutes of idling to warm up. crap winter fuel.:puke::rolleyes:

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
That or running 95mph between Greensburg and Cranberry:dunno :angel: :angel:

nope i filled up after that, at the OH/PA line and again when i got home. (which showed almost 16 mpg hiway) then filled up again today after driving interstates 90/271/71/480 and surface streets yesterday and today (with a light foot). 200 miles in 2 days, see why i whine about economy? i like how the truck performs and it suits my needs well, i just dont know how much longer i can afford to run it. i'm not giving up on it quite yet but i am exploring my options. WVO is out of the question 5-6 months out of the year so that leaves me with pump fuel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge140