Massive fuel leak

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 04 2500 cummins today and developed a large leak. It is leaking at the hard line on one of the cylinders going into the side of the motor. Is there a seal in there that goes out or do I need a whole new line? Also where can I get one. Thanks.

Whit

Reaction score
first get a 17mm wrench and try to tighten it down

I aint messed with the common rail injectors yet so I cant help ya much from here

I dunno if they have a crossover tube or not but if they do theres yer problem

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well its not loose. I need a new line for sure. I have been searching all not and I can't figure out where to get one.

Whit

Reaction score
looks like a common rail dont have cross over tubes.......................acording to this pic I think ya just need a new washer (#4)

Attachments

• injector.jpg
    injector.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 16

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got it pulled off the truck. The fuel line itself sheared right in half. Kinda a freak thing. The problem is I can't find a new one.

steved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take the number from the engine data plate and call a Cummins dealer...they can get you almost any hard part for the engine for a whole lot less than dodge.

And 3rd gen CRDs have crossover tubes...

That line is known to break...it isn't common, but its not unheard of either.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Pretty common for hard lines to break with today's HP and high fuel pressures. The Mercedes 900 and 4000 truck engines use hard lines from the unit pumps to the heads....We change hundreds of them every year. I changed one on Friday last week, broken clean off.