MAP SENSOR on 94 idi ???

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was reading a tread I came across on google, trying to find some info for a friend with PSD. An article came up for a map sensor for a 94 idi. Is there a MAP sensor on the 94, and if so is it just on the Automatic tranny models? :dunno

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
MAP sensor? nope! There is an FIPL (throttle position sensor) on the IDI trucks. It lets the transmission computer know how far into the throttle your right foot actually is.

dansvan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes there is a MAP sensor. But it's used for barometric pressure for the trans computer. same sensor used a different way.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I can't find any part numbers matching a MAP sensor to an IDI. I found this # F4TZ-9F479-A which matches up to a 1994 and up Powersmoke. Maybe I am missing something?

dansvan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does not have a vac. line from the pump going to it. That would be pointless.

19jackal90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i kno that my 89 e4od dually has one in the same location as the psd auto or 5spd. i dont have one on my f150 cob job swap thats a 93 idi 5spd.

it is open on an auto idi non turbo that i know. on a psd then it has a hose going into the pass side manifold.
idk what the turbo diesel idis have though.

when all else fails get a chilton or haynes manual for your truck.

Last edited:

19jackal90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im looking at my chilton manual and the only thing i see it used for is cruise control in the book and its in the same location on all full size fords and broncos from 87-96
id post a scan if i wasnt bout to pass out but i kno my truck doesnt have cruise or that "map" or "bps" and throttle posistion sensor or a powertrain control modual

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online