manual glow plugs

gatorman21218

Reaction score
so here's a thought...

Manual glow plugs are an on/off kind of system. You control how long they glow. Automatic plugs burn every time, no matter how hot the engine is.

So can I get the best of both worlds? A manual system but it turns off when it reaches temperature? I do mine for no longer than 10 seconds. but in the morning I think its not enough, yet I'm scared to go any longer and burn them out.

So what i'm looking for is a system that is controlled by a toggle switch, yet acts like the factory relay when activated.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
I mean it starts, but lots of missing and and moaning and smoking. would i be safe to bump it up to say 12 seconds?

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
so here's a thought...

Manual glow plugs are an on/off kind of system. You control how long they glow. Automatic plugs burn every time, no matter how hot the engine is.

So can I get the best of both worlds? A manual system but it turns off when it reaches temperature? I do mine for no longer than 10 seconds. but in the morning I think its not enough, yet I'm scared to go any longer and burn them out.

So what i'm looking for is a system that is controlled by a toggle switch, yet acts like the factory relay when activated.

tie the ignition power for the glow plug relay into the cold start circuit. The GP will only function on auto when the block is below whatever temp kicks off high idle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online