Mama woulda been proud

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your transfer case is hard to shift because the shift lever pivot is probablly all rusted up, my 90 was the same way. when i changed trannys i was surprised at how much rust and crap was inside the pivot joint.... try getting under there and cleaning it up. i was really surprised how easily it ws to shift into 4wd after i got everything cleaned and lubed up.

On my old 93 I had the same problem with the T-Case not being able to get into and out of 4X4. I took gear oil and oiled the shifter and worked it untill it freed up. Just take the boot loose from the floor and pour the gear oil on the shifter.

Now all I have to do is turn a knob :thumbsup:

Jim

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Just dont travel to the east coast with a rigged fuel tank ( or teh west coast for that matter ) east coast has a number of bridges and tunnels that they will pull you over to inspect you before letting you through and you'd get turned around most of teh time, sometimes fined, sometimes worse depending on the mood, west coast, well, CA cops just love to pull iffy looking setups over and break out their big pen :eek:

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have farm plates
all bets are off if you have farm plates

at least around here

does kinda make me curious as to how universal the farm exceptions are from state to state tho

I have friends that go back and forth between here and Montana a lot so I can check pretty easily.

thanks for the tip
what I'm hearing is that I might not be allowed to run a non certified fuel carrier/transfer tank across state lines in some states.

hadn't thought of that one
I'll keep you posted
thanks

hey wait a minute
vegetable oil and motor oil are not classified as fuel so if what your carrying in the tank is not classified as fuel its not a "fuel" tank is it ?

Last edited:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Here in Arkansas I could strap a hog across the hood and render the sucker into fuel as I go down the road with farm plate on and nobody would bat an eye, but that crap wouldn't fly on the east coast LOL . It'll get you out of a lot of trailer hauling regs and weight limits, but safety stuff like that they come down even harder on . They[ve been inspecting fuel tank hookups long before 9/11 at teh tunnels and bridges there and it's really tightened down since. Even Rvs dont get cut any slack on those. They have propane sniffers and if they fail, it's the long way around ,tickets are discretionary.

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
around here safety is third
comes in somewhere after "does it work" and "hey thats kinda cool"

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I bolt down the new tank

You must be registered for see images attach

question tho
I remember discussing what seats fit what in this forum somewhere but cant seem to find it now so I'll just spring the question here and see what shakes loose

I found some seats for a 99 crew cab F250 powerstroke and am wondering if I can jam them into my 91 king cab F250

I don't really care if I have to drill a few holes or whatever, I just want to know if they will physically fit in the cab. And if so how tough is it to retrofit seating, I've never remodeled seating before.

thanks guys
B

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still fiddling with it, tomorrow I pick up the expanded steel to make the cage out of that protects the filter unit from stuff flying around in the back of the truck. That and I"m waiting for a converter to show up. Turns out the converter generates a fair bit of heat as well so I'm going to preheat the oil there and then likely have another heat source as well. maybe something that wraps the exhaust pipe. Seems like that is about the fastest thing to heat up in the truck, its just a mater of keeping flamables from, um, flaming. ;-)

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh and I found bucket seats in good shape out of a 98 that ( drum role ) the "guy" says will fit.

$100 and they are electric so I'll have some wiring to do. I'd almost rather not have had electric but no big deal. I might even grab the drivers side door while I'm at it. that and cut a few pieces out of the body work if the guy will let me. I decided to pain the ole beast.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
oh and I found bucket seats in good shape out of a 98 that ( drum role ) the "guy" says will fit.

$100 and they are electric so I'll have some wiring to do. I'd almost rather not have had electric but no big deal. I might even grab the drivers side door while I'm at it. that and cut a few pieces out of the body work if the guy will let me. I decided to pain the ole beast.

Any seat will "fit". It is just a matter of how much work you are will to do to make them FIT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7