Making some modifications..

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the solution with K&N filters(and their knockoffs, which is what I use) - Oil. Lots of oil. Just soak the damned thing with the filter 'charger' oil stuff and let it dry.
They tell you not to do this because it might screw up a MAF sensor... Which could be a problem /if we had a MAF sensor/!

I pulled the heads off a rebuilt motor after a year of K&N knockoff filter on my Banks turbo, and the cylinder walls were pristine. Turbo never had any issues, either.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday night we went to opening night at the drive in movies. Haven't been on that road for months, and there's a long flat spot I can maintain 65-70. My egts on here before I did any of this used to run 500-550, yesterday they were 400. Even a tick below 400. Really does feel like a different truck.

I also have the electric fuel pump, not sure how much that's contributing to any of my egt changes vs none of this, but all of these are super simple easy upgrades you can make for barely any money [except maybe finding the power pack lid but who knows how much if anything specifically it does].

Is that indiana drive ins that opened?

Also I have the factory 83-87 "beside the radiator" intake plastic piece of your interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I was at butler, which since your close I have to mention has awesome food and some cool old pinball machines.

Indiana will open weekend nearest memorial day. Owners wife is a teacher and the husband is retired and hunts in Europe somewhere until then haha. They buy stuff from my store. If you go there, I park two rows up from the concession stand right hand side right beside it. Were always there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online