Major score at work.

PowerbyFord

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today at work (salvage yard) I found an 89 F250 with a 7.3 and a ZF5. I know my dad has always wanted a 5 speed in his 91 7.3 diesel. Well anyway, I got the transmission, cross member, driveshaft, pedal assy, shifter, clutch master cylinder, column, and a flywheel/clutch parts for....................................400$;Sweet If anybody has something they are needing let me know. The radiator and wiring harness are spoken for.

PowerbyFord

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been the first 5 speed diesel to come through. I really hate this Clunker program. Knowing that the engine was locked up sucks! Most other 3/4 and 1 ton trucks that came through have been gassers, 351, and 460's. I saved 3 dana 60 fronts from them before the crusher got them.

My boss asked me if I wanted to work for parts............if I was not married, I may have said yes!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
core injector pump would be nice, and some cams for cores and fuel pump ecentrics, lot of work to get to tho.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Russ the put a silicate into the engine to seize it up, I'm thinking the cam is messed up...maybe?

This is the first IDI I have heard been commited to the CFC program...what a waste.

PowerbyFord

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was an older 6.9 truck out there too. It had manual GP switch, soup bowl cut out, and dual straight pipes. Someone knew what they had, I couldn't save it in time though....:cry: Nothing is worse than seeing what is left of a truck with an IDI crushed to only 18 inches tall loaded on a trailer.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
probably not hurt but the whole thing is a conspiracy by the government and those ******** at the goldamn EPA>

PowerbyFord

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah we have had four jeep wranglers, two cj's and two yj's all with four cylinders....how are they clunkers??? Ford explorers, F-150s, jeep cherokees, some trucks even with nice flatbeds. We pulled them off to resell.....It is sickening some of the things that have been crushed.:mad:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
core injector pump would be nice, and some cams for cores and fuel pump ecentrics, lot of work to get to tho.
hey russ-
give a a break on a reground cam and I'll see what I can do:D
tell me what you think will be a good trade and I'll put justin to work:eek:

PowerbyFord

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What years will work? Can it be from a half ton? I may be able to use our shipping department and send stuff cheaper.

zpd307

Reaction score
diesel core supports are a lot different. they wont work without lots of modification.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Staff online