Low oil pressure

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
any ideas.guage reads right in the middle when it's cool but once it warms up she stays down there.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sadly you are learning what many already know. The factory gauges are not much to watch. Aftermarket gauges be it electrical or mechanical will tell you the truth. No more guessing.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A hot IDI makes about 20-30 PSI at road speed. If your lucky, you will have 10 at idle. I recommend the ISSPro brand gauges. I prefer the electrical over the mechanical ones.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
All electric isspro EV gauges with the 270 degree sweep. The boost and pyro are from Banks.

Attachments

• DSC00193.jpg
    DSC00193.jpg
    643.8 KB · Views: 91

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure you have a good electrical connection at the sender. It is just a push on connector. Several times I have had what seemed like low pressure reading that was due to the poor connection. The sender is at the top rear of the block.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A hot IDI makes about 20-30 PSI at road speed. If your lucky, you will have 10 at idle. I recommend the ISSPro brand gauges. I prefer the electrical over the mechanical ones.
38 running down the road and 16 idle here.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it used to read perfect that's why I'm wondering but we're gonna hook one up and see

I ama assuming from your picture that you have a 86-down truck. At least you have a factory guage that actually has a sending unit and moves around a little bit. The later trucks have a fake gauge, just a oil pressure switch and a resistor to make the guage read in the middle of the scale.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
I ama assuming from your picture that you have a 86-down truck. At least you have a factory guage that actually has a sending unit and moves around a little bit. The later trucks have a fake gauge, just a oil pressure switch and a resistor to make the guage read in the middle of the scale.
Really? Sounds kinda hokey.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score

Yes it's an 86 and it used to never read below the middle now it only reads in the middle when it's cold

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be the sender has developed a defect. You could always change it out, but I will prefer to see you get into an actual gauge that gives you real value.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
38 running down the road and 16 idle here.

I guess I was thinking in terms of what would be an acceptable minimum, but yes a lot of mine will run 40 PSI. It all depends on the temps and your gearing.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Could be the sender has developed a defect. You could always change it out, but I will prefer to see you get into an actual gauge that gives you real value.

I plan on it I want a 3 guage piller pod if I can figure out how to make it fit for when I get my turbo put on or if anyone else has any custom guage pod ideas lemme see them

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is my setup for slantnose. 2" ABS fits 2" gauges. I cut it to angle to aim gauges.

Attachments

• DSC00234.jpg
    DSC00234.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00161.jpg
    DSC00161.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member