Low boost high EGT's

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Well now I know what was going on. Atleast I have a pretty good idea. Blown head gasket into a water jacket. I got everything done with it today and just took it for a test drive. I ended up limping it home with a giant cloud of white smoke trailing behind and the temp gauge on the L. I don't understand why this happened or anything, but I'm gonna go get drunk. Sad to say since I'm not a drinker but I guess I'll see ya'll in the morning.

Izzit the same head that had the seized valve?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Sean, I'm terribly sorry to hear about this. I can't readily offer any insight as to why this happened until everything's taken apart. I can't even imagine how you have to feel right now...I feel sick to my stomach just reading what happened :(

FWIW, the fuel filter would certainly account for low power, but wouldn't account for high EGT's...and while I know dyoung killed his pump with a bad fuel filter, I don't think a bad filter can kill a pump this quickly, unless a hole somehow got in the filter and allowed unfiltered fuel to get into the pump...but, even then, this all seems to have happened REALLY quickly for that to have been the cause...

I beilieve the IP overheated if thats possible:dunno Because it was so hot you couldnt touch it, and now that i have it setting here its really hard to turn, 453 dollars shot to ****:puke:

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Yeah, but more than likely, the cause of the over heat was the clogged fuel filter. Depriving the IP of it's cooling source, Fuel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Staff online