Loss of power

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alrighty so I was pulling my parents camper for a 2.5-3 hour drive. At the beginning it was awesome. I did notice I used a little more fuel than normal... But whatever I don't get to pull a ton.
We drove for an hour at 65-70 and then stopped and fueled up and had dinner. We then left and about an hour into the next leg of the drive I noticed I was slowing down a bit. My heat was barely into the N in normal as it always is. But none the less I turned the heat on and voila power returned. Then about another five miles later it happened again. But the heater was still on. No rhyme or reason why. The only thing I can think is just before this trip (100 miles before) I installed a coolant filter. Could that be plugged? But I had heat coming out of the heater . any suggestions. Thanks Aaron.

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a stop at a truck stop for a half of an hour I fired it back up and it acted the same as when we pulled in. But this time no heat from heater.
I also noticed my amp meter was not showing as much charge as usually
My dad sort of made me a new 7 prong plug. I had a 6 prong plug we then made it into a flat four and then to a 7.
Tomorrow I will check my voltage, but I unhooked the camper and took my truck for a spin. And it ran perfectly.
I looked over the whole truck and saw.no leaks either.

Black dawg

Reaction score
As far as the inconsistent temp gauge and heat out of the vents, might want to check that your coolant level is still up.

On the loss of power, where were you headed from hamilton? These trucks can feel broken with slight elevation changes and no turbo.

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I was. I was headed to butte actually. I figured it out . it was a plugged coolant filter as we'll as fuel filter. I didn't realize it that the fuel filter had never been replaced. Otherwise I would have done it already. Thanks tho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online