Looking for an IPR

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
My '97 in my sig is giving me strange problems. We have narrowed it down to almost definitely the ipr. So I was wondering if anyone has a used good one for sale? I don't really want to spend $145 for something that I'm not 100% certain will fix it. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take it out and replace the o-rings.

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
I just replaced all the o-rings about a year and a half ago on the hpop system, while chasing down an oil leak [witch ended up being the return where it mounts under the turbo]. But I think I will give zpd's advice a try, and double check the o-rings while it's out. What would be best to clean it with? Some carb cleaner or 2 plus 2, and a fine fabric style brush? Is there anything, besides the o-rings, that I could damage while cleaning that I need to be real delicate with?

zpd307

Reaction score
glad to help, this is one of those might as well do to do things. when i get the time.....

sassyrel

Reaction score
My '97 in my sig is giving me strange problems. We have narrowed it down to almost definitely the ipr. So I was wondering if anyone has a used good one for sale? I don't really want to spend $145 for something that I'm not 100% certain will fix it. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

they are about 60 clams on ebay--new ford no less--

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score

Well I got it fixed! Never expected, after the short time since I chased the oil leak, that the o-rings would be bad already. Guess it's cause I found out they gave me the wrong backup o-ring last time? The backup I was givin to put on last time was a simple low pressure o-ring, and not a true backup ring. It wasn't the harder "split ring" that belongs on it. So I guess I got burned on eBay then... oh well it's all good now :)

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score

Thanks, that was the problem. I replaced them recently as I said, but they were both ripped, and the backup ring was missing all together. CAT is the cheapest place I found them if anyone is ever in need of them. A qwuik google search can find you the CAT part numbers, or if I can find them... so can I.

Last edited:

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
Thanks, that was the problem. I replaced them recently as I said, but they were both ripped, and the backup ring was missing all together. CAT is the cheapest place I found them if anyone is ever in need of them. A qwuik google search can find you the CAT part numbers, or if I can find them... so can I.

Sorry didn't realize I already replied via it's fixed to this guys