Looking for advise about a project engine build

John Vocke

Reaction score
I have a square body 1991 3500 chevrolet crew cab with a 6.2 desile. I have 210,000 miles on it. I was going to pull the motor and go through it and upgrade. Iwas thinking turbo maybey two. I dont know if I should get a 6.5 instead or build what I got or maybey something else. So any advice in whitch direction, or ideas would be great.

thanks
John

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Stick with the 6.2; IMHO the 6.5 wouldn't be worth the swap. Just grab yourself a 6.5 turbo set up. A Banks would be even better, but more expensive.

John Vocke

Reaction score
thanks for the input, So what you think about two turbos think the bottom end could handle it without massive work?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
The 6.2 is only going to be able to handle about 12 lbs of boost anyway, same as the 6.5 so I'd just go with a good single turbo. The engine just won't handle much extra power at all without huge amounts of work.

John Vocke

Reaction score
Any updates on the build?

thinking about 8 liter or bigger with 10 speed transmission. want to build something different I beefed my tranny but still a dog on hills so want to find a ton of power and gear if you kow what i mean.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online