Looking for a stack

onetonride

onetonride
Reaction score
Im looking for a decent 5 inch stack to put on my truck.. anyone know of a cheap place?mi really like the flat top look, what does everyone else prefer?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Get ahold of Justin, Punkmechanic. I think it was him that found a place that had TONS of stacks for cheap ;Sweet.

I like all types of stacks, no real preference for me. Though I like chrome ones over blacked out ones. But I would be disowned if I put them on my truck so I'm not going to do it LOL

FordGuy100

Reaction score
who will dis own you thats a bunch a ******** if you want to put stacks on (your truck) then do it ;Sweet

Well I do and I dont want them. They look cool, but I dont wanna hack up my bed for them. I dont know if my parents were serious or not but thats what they said and I aint gonna argue LOL

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Real hard to haul a camper with stacks.

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it would be cool (and old school) to go with one stack up the passenger side with a flapper on top. But, that would make a mess on my 5ver. Actually, maybe not anymore a mess than it already does, just lower!

onetonride

onetonride
Reaction score
if i put one flat top 5 inch stack one the truck, how would i put flapper on it? is there kits out there to install the flappers?? Your right though Fozz it would look pretty damn good!

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same thought, i was thinking about a single 4inch stack with a flapper. If you get it done pics are going to be required.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I've never been a big fan of stacks. I just don't like anything extreme looking. I'm generally a stock kind of person. My truck rides on stock 235/85/16's, at stock ride height, and with no stacks(would be weird on a gasser too). Plus, I've always had caps on my trucks to keep my tools dry.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flappers, or rain caps or whatever you prefer to call them, just clamp on the top of straight cut stacks, pretty easy.

I used to think the flappers were the coolest thing when I saw them on big trucks, but I've seen a few pickups with them and they just don't look right, on dual stacks at least. I think a single stack would actually look better with a flapper than any other kind of stack.

By the way, a couple companies make "quiet" flappers and you might want to look into those, otherwise they clang-clang-clang at idle. Lots of places sell the flappers though. There are some on ebay, or at airflo.com (that's where I bought my stacks)

BTW, I used to be real iffy on stacks too, but I bought them on an impulse over the summer. Now that they're installed, hell, I love em and I think they look pretty cool, and three guys at work told me they looked pretty cool within 2 days of me installing them too :) Now if I could just get the volume to a reasonable level, I'd be a happy camper.

For some reason I do feel like they look a little better with the toolbox installed...and I'll never have a camper or cap on this truck (it came with a cap when I bought it, I sold the thing)